• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone have a copy of GRiDBASIC?

I thought GRiD-OS was built in.. maybe I'm wrong here but swear it was built into the machine like how Tandy did their ROM-DOS... Been god 25 years at least since I touched one. Theres a copy of the bios up on internet archive I believe. Isnt that rom in bubble memory? If its dead you are kinda SOL.

Looks like there are something related to BASIC on 10 MB HDD image. I can extract it later.

On the Gridcase systems, XL and fifteen hundred families they were all MS DOS compatible and I ran MS. DOS basic lots of times back in the old days. Don’t know about GW or other versions. The only things that were different in Grid world were things like the Grid Mode command and special commands like Grid Scan that came with the system disk but Format, Fdisk, Copy and all the normal early DOS stuff was fairly generic. On the Gridcase 3 systems that I use for a terminal for working with other old systems it is running Grid Systems MS-DOS Bios Ver D 1/15/87 Copyright 1985,86,87

Microsoft (R) MS-DOS 3.20 1981-1986

COMMAND COM 23612 03-21-86

GRID EXE 36864 11-04-86

FORMAT EXE 11160 08-28-86

MODE EXE 6916 11-07-86

LABEL EXE 2750 03-21-86

And I have a terminal program called TERM that’s just a regular MS-DOS application along with a lot of its components that I have been using without issues for a while now. On my 1550 386 system when I installed a new HD some time ago I just installed MS-DOS Version 6.20 and that runs DOS Shell, Qbasic, Edit and a bunch of other DOS junk, I use that system for programming old Motorola radios, it also has Windows 3.1 that you can launch from DOS Shell just for fun.

Somewhere around here have a 1530 that I think has Windows 3.0 so don’t think you need a exact copy of Grid DOS although think it helps with things like the internal modem and serial port.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get a couple of the old systems out and fire them up again, don’t know if it will help in anything you are doing but it was fun to turn on the old 1550SX and know its still alive!

And a warning, this is all about the more modern 8086/286/386 systems with conventional memory and when it comes to the old “bubble memory” systems like the Compass all bets are off.

Is the 10MB image from a GRiDServer? is it something you are able to share? thanks.
The same famous HDD310.img
Yesteday i tried to extract files, but GRiDISKCOM_Qt5_GUI crashing when opening partition1. I already contancted author. I promised, that will check and fix problem.

Back