• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone in the Detroit area? help!

I've got over a thousand old diskettes and CDs here, many with DOS & W3.x/95 games on them; do you have an index of your collection so I can check there before I throw them out?

m

Yes- here's a listing you can browse:
http://www.totaldoscollection.org/nugnugnug

There are have and wanted lists.

Collections of floppies are where we are concentrating the most on the project right now, so this box of yours is intriguing to me to take a look at. Even if we already have a copy of the game in the archive, having a 2ndary source helps us confirm that we've scraped the bits off correctly. If you are actually intending to throw them out, would you be willing to ship them to me instead? Throw me a PM and we can discuss.

Not sure how many are games instead of drivers and applications;will go through the pile one of these days. More games on CD, but I take it you're not interested in those?

CDs are absolutely welcome too. The primary goal of the archive is to obtain *any* DOS game/edutainment title. (commercial, shareware, registered shareware, home brewed, in any language, each and every version we can find, even hacks), so it doesn't matter what format the game is contained on. That includes PCjr cartridges, booter floppies and internet only games. CDs tend to be fairly well archived by other groups, so I'm less concerned with those. We still want images, but chances are better that they have already been captured.

To limit the scope down to something remotely manageable, windows titles are not being brought into this archive, but I am in contact with other groups who are interested in them.

I do come across lots of DOS applications and drivers too, which I am side-archiving for a rainy day (or a few years of rainy days) to sort through, so it would be a shame if anything of yours was tossed without checking to see if it's been vacuumed up yet. :)

Back