• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Anyone jonsin for an AT?

compu_85

Experienced Member
I have an IBM AT that I'm looking to get rid of. Anyone interested?

It is mid run I think. It has a 20m Seagate hard disk, not a Computer Memories unit. Everything works (well, I haven't tested the // port, but I assume that works). The BIOS battery has died, but after using the Setup diskette it boots normally to IBM DOS 3. I may be installing Windows/286 on it tomorrow.

Pictures to follow.

-Jason

Hey....

Hey....

That wouldnt be a a 5170 would it....I am "SO" lookin for one....no matter where the hell it is.... If its a 286/20 mg HDD...etc....we may have a winner.... got any more info on it ???? shipping is no problem(he said with his fingers crossed). Anyways let me know if still available....:D

Sorry I didn't get pictures posted yet.

Yep, this is a 5170 with the 20m HDD. Someone pulled the MGA(?) card in the past and replaced it with a VGA adapter. I pulled that and replaced it with an IBM CGA adapter, and added an IBM CGA display.

Windows 2.1 is up and running 8-)

My avatar is the keyboard from a DECMate, a VT-100 that was turned into a mini PDP-8, for word processing. Someone gave me 4, and I sold them off to fund other projects. Here is the 2nd to last one I sold.

I'll clean some of the dust off and take some pictures.

-Jason

Pictures are here:
http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/IBM_AT/

I have higher res versions if you want them, and can take more.

I also made some video clips! :D They're in the VIDS subfolder.

This is a 286/ 20m / coprocessor / 512k system. Shipping is not a problem :D Just the CPU and the display are included. I can give you a generic AT keyboard with the deal, and power cords if you want. (I'm hanging onto the Zenith keyboard pictured)

EDIT: Videos are up!

-Jason

Last edited:
So...???

So...???

So, The magic question....How much......???? and what would be your best guess on shipping.... Im in western Canada...like BC...eh !!!! Computer looks pretty cool....pics are good. Anyhoo, let me know. Thanx.

Dave:p

Not expensive at all, maybee $6 total? They have them at Radio Shack I believe. Pritty standard part. You could build your own actually, it just needs to be 3 volts.

-Jason

For those that contacted me about this, I'm sorry I kind of dropped off the face of the earth. Someone had committed to buying this system, then kept delaying.....

It's still for sale. Still boxed up and ready to ship. Let me know! Looking at prices on ebay these things seem to go for $300+ when in great shape. I'll ask $200 for mine.

-J

Back