• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone know of Generator repair forum?

I have good luck with the fuel line clamps unless above 35psi. But im a car guy, and not a HVAC Technician or Electrician... put that exact amazon listing on my 03 GT last year. Was just under it a few day ago and no rust that I seen... Lasted through winter and salt here.

Ok I have been away for half a week driving to and from Michigan so I am a little out of sorts but really need to get back to this. I need more help with this sizing. You guys have given me good ideas on clamps but the sizes are whats getting me. I really want to avoid the hassle of a return if at even possible. Some of these are sold metric and some US standard. This listing for the hose says 3/8" ID meaning what inner diameter? what size clamps should I buy (on diagram part number 83)?

generator1.jpggenerator2.jpg

I did mention that they were expensive, but they will seal very well, and last until your hoses fail. I suggest wiping down the hoses well, if there is a chance of acid residue on them. Please let me know how it works out!

I have had the Generator OFF for this entire Duration. I just ordered 4 of these Dave. Pretty pricey after shipping for just 4 clamps but lets see how they work. Anything has to be better than cheap chineseum nonsense.
Going to be the same clamps I suggested earlier. Could have gotten em off Summit Racing for half the price, but they are good clamps. I suggest getting some silicone strips to put under the clamp, so they don't dig into the hose.

Going to be the same clamps I suggested earlier. Could have gotten em off Summit Racing for half the price, but they are good clamps. I suggest getting some silicone strips to put under the clamp, so they don't dig into the hose.
Huh. I had a look there. The closest ones I found were the GAR-67020. There's no material type, nor manufacturing location, listed there, and when I went to the Gardner-Westcott site, there is scant information available (https://www.gardner-westcott.com/product/hose-clamps-size-6-dia-12-78/). Yes, they are cheap(er) at $6 each, but they are also not in stock.

Did I miss something?

Back