• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

anyone know this card??

kbit

i have this ide-floppy controller card that i believe was pulled from a 386 computer. i installed it in my ibm 233 and it overrode onboard floppy but made win98 freeze { resource conflict, i think} so i think it works {not 100% sure}

here's a look
ide-floppy controller.jpg

back ide-floppy.jpg

i don't really need it {open to trade??} and don't wish to sell it.{ can find money everywhere!} but am curious about it and that's why i posted here instead of the marketplace. thanks for any info { even general info } on it.

It looks like a standard on-a-chip floppy drive controller to me. I have a similar card, but by another manufacter with another but mostly similar chip.

The later PC you tried to use it in may be new enough to deactivate the onboard controller when this one is found, but if not, then there will be a hardware conflict. As you mention, this may very well be the reason why Windows freezes.

The two crystalls are for different sampling rates used by different kinds of drives. You should be able to easily find a datasheet for the chip online.

Details:
The 16MHz crystall means that it can do 500Kb/s, 250Kb/s and 125Kb/s, while the 9.6MHz one is for compability with the PC/AT 300Kb/s standard. The datasheet mentions that the 16MHz crystall can be replaced with a 32MHz crystall to add additional support for 1Mb/s.

Last edited:
I think that's a Hedeka HED-826. I had the same card in my AMD 386/40 back in the day as my primary unit. (had two separate IDE/floppy controllers, actually let me have four floppies in win9x in addition to my six hard drives -- 4 ide, two MFM)... let's see, is it in Tularc?

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/hard-di...DAKA-Two-IDE-AT-Interface-drives-HED-826.html

Son of a gun, there ya go. Their cutesy drawing is a little off, but that's nothing new for Tularc... jumper docs look right, and that's the important part.

Last edited:
i have this ide-floppy controller card that i believe was pulled from a 386 computer. i installed it in my ibm 233 and it overrode onboard floppy but made win98 freeze { resource conflict, i think} so i think it works {not 100% sure}

here's a look
View attachment 7251

View attachment 7252

i don't really need it {open to trade??} and don't wish to sell it.{ can find money everywhere!} but am curious about it and that's why i posted here instead of the marketplace. thanks for any info { even general info } on it.

Oh, how many IRQ values will that card support?

I had to disable the onboard matrox graphics on mine since it was IRQ 5, and that was the only available value that the SB16 could address via jumpers.
The SB16 will still play along with the onboard audio, so, I'm wondering if there's still a conflict somewhere.
Never tried putting in a floppy controller; but perhaps that'll help answer your question.

Back