• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone Selling XT-IDE Cards?

The only thing I changed from the defaults was from I/O 300 to 320 but everything thing worked before I did that except the mouse. I only changed it to see if mouse would start working (which it didn't.) I've had all the programs able to load just from default setting in "non-Full" mode from the get go after I realized I had to turn the Full setting off.

By default, the serial port on an XT-IDE of revision 2 conflicts with the mouse circuitry in the Tandy. But, revision 3 cards have no serial port.

But could the serial port code still be active in the BIOS that was flashed to the rev.3 boards? Because that's the last thing I can think of.

...Out of interest have you tried the latest version on your R3 cards ?
I have r588 running on mine and it works great. However, any revision newer than r588 doesn't work on my machine unless I run in non-turbo mode(I have an AST HotShot 286 Accelerator in my 5155), so I believe there is a timing issue with the newest revs (or an incompatibility with the HotShot). I think I was able to get r591 working if I disable the "Chuck Mod".

I've ran a couple of the 2.x releases on my rev 3 boards, for "Chuck Mod" mode support. The translation is different between them, so of course my Flash modules formatted on the 1.1.5 BIOS wouldn't boot. Flash modules reinitialized under the 2.x series booted fine. I have not tested extensively enough to determine reliability for my use cases.

I've had several people report various compatibility issues with the 2.x series, I think some of that has been caused by confusion with the autoconfigure option on the 2.x series. At least one person had autoconfigure accidentally pick up their onboard IDE at 0x170.

Back