• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Anyone willing to sell a couple keycaps for the Compaq Portable I?

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I have a Compaq Portable I missing two keycaps. I want to re-foam/foil the entire thing but its pointless without the keycaps. If you have parts to sell please try and message me.

Are they the same keycaps from the Compaq Deskpro 286/386 keyboards? If so i have a donor that the foam is shot and pretty yellowed...

(edited due to dumb autocorrect)

Well I have good news and bad news. I only have 1 of the 2 missing keys if it will fit. The Alt on the 286/386 deskpros wasnt raised the same. BUT, the W should work. I have to get into my storage lockers as the keyboard isnt in the garage. Hopefully this weekend. Ill pull the cap and take you a pic when I can. Going to be a few days tho, the storage locker is 30 mins away and no light inside the unit, so have to go during the day, and I work M-F so lol. If anyone else can provide , go for it, if not Ill send ya that W keycap.

Do you still need those keycaps? I have a complete Compaq Portable I that I posted here minutes ago. If it doesn't sell after some time, I may part it out and could send you the keycaps.

Hopefully I can find the keyboard 2mar, I know what bin its in, just having issues finding it. Its somewhere round here LOL

Bump!... Anyone with compatible keycaps from an early model deskpro or portable. Still need the keycaps. Dont care whats on the keycap, I can sand it nice and add a label. Please see my photo in post #3

I've had decent luck on both ebay as well as sites like modelfkeyboards.com (my searches have been more IBM centric however).

Back