• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

AOpen AT Motherboard , AOpen AT Case , Old PCI Video Combo

Le_Bear

Experienced Member
Just wondering if anyone is interested in any of this stuff, before it goes into the junkpile.

AOpen AT Motherboard with 3 ISA and 4 PCI Slots, has a 150 Mhz Intel Pentium and 4 x 32 (128)MB EDO Ram
[url=http://upsimple.com/view/anonymous/24788.jpg][/URL]

No photos of the case but I'll get one if you want it, has the standard AT Reset, Turbo, and Power buttons

Not sure about this Video set-up, It was in a P2 w/ 64MB RAM, running with Windows 98. I noticed the Video card has a Trident chip, but haven't pulled the other boards yet. The Video and that other board were also connected with the Sound and Modem cards. Not sure what he used this setup for, or how
[url=http://upsimple.com/view/anonymous/24824.jpg][/URL]
[url=http://upsimple.com/view/anonymous/24827.jpg][/URL]

None of the pictures zoom for me (blank). Anyway what sound card is that, looks like it has a digital out connector in the next slot?

It's zooming right to it for me K, and I'm on dialup. It usually(I've noticed before) opens a small size on one page, then a large size on yet another page(not sure why that is, and I usually try to remember to get a link straight to the large, but this time I forgot, and also forgot VCF has an internal photo uploader too, before I'd gone through the hassle of uploading these to there) Could it be auto redirecting these to the large size page, and your browser prevents the redirect?(mine usually does that too)

I'll go out and pull those boards and get some specs on em for ya :)

It's a Turtle Beach sound card, not sure the number, 2881-895-96F9 maybe?, the machine is a Dell Dimension, and D P/N is 00007005

The graphics board is a Jaton TVGA9685PCI

The other board is a Quadrant International CineMaster C 1.2 (I saw that program on the machine) Number maybe 14050-89D-A799 D P/N 0008275C

Ok, so what I figured was a digital out for the sound card is actually a DVD decoder cards (Quadrant) sound output jack.

SPDIF is what's stamped beside the jack. Would it be a sound output jack, or like a video jack to a tv? Maybe I should hook it back up, and test it some more? I wonder if Dell still has the computer service tag information for it? Reckon it could be used for a home DVD system? The memory only registered 64MB but there were 3 64mb sticks in there. I probably have some other Slot A CPUs, might could even bump it up to a P3

Analog Digital sound out (dolby 5.1), older then optical digital audio output both made obsolete with HDMI.

Analog Digital sound out (dolby 5.1), older then optical digital audio output both made obsolete with HDMI.

hmmmm, how would it translate to 5+1 speakers? It only looks like a RCA jack(2,1 inner and 1 outer, connector) Before I left Nashville for the boonies, they had a cheap 5.1 DVD system on sale somewhere and I bought one of em. Longgg afterwards I ran all the wiring through the ceiling, installed the speakers, but when I went to use it there was totally insufficient volume. Wondering if I could rig that card up to deliver some volume to those speakers?

Its a digital signal using an old coax connector, you need something to decode it into 5.1 channels and then speakers (standard old DVD specs Front left Right, Center, Rear left Right, and Bass). Before there was software DVD decoding (or the current offloading to the GPU video chip for HDTV) you needed a dedicated card to play DVDs on a computer or to output to a TV. The retail version of that card also had a RCA out jack for video, your card is a cheaper OEM that just dumped the video to the video card using a feature connection cable.

I believe you can probably have it K, I really don't see me trying to use it here. Would any cable that size be any use to anybody?

I have about 5 feet of the 26 wire ribbon cable too if it would be any use to anybody

Last edited:
How about a 12ft 50-pin SCSI ribbon cable? What was that used on? I've got two of those things here, not sure where they came from but I've never seen one like this, that long before. They're actually an internal type cable, with only a single 50-pin female connector on each end

I believe you can probably have it K, I really don't see me trying to use it here. Would any cable that size be any use to anybody?

I have about 5 feet of the 26 wire ribbon cable too if it would be any use to anybody

5' of bare cable with no ends?

Yes! Un..K, 5 feet of bare wire. (cable*)

Hello Oblivion, Yes Sir, It's an AT Mini Tower type case, be glad to get you photos (it also has a lock, and i might find a key for that. Always found the same key fit them all, and I may have one laying around somewhere
It might of gotten rained on tonight, we've had some pretty serious storms here tonight, but i put the cover on it beforehand, just in case

Last edited:
Well hek, UnK, I've spent 30 minutes trying to get a photo of that cable on here, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Oblivion, if you'll message me an email, I'll send you those photos through there

Back