• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple 1 on Ebay

Probably way too expensive even for the rich people. The last one sold for way less ("only" $458,000) and that one here is for sale since at least February.

In his Defense he names WOZ on in the title for a nice and proper change.

And there's where his mistake lies, I guess. He should go all-in on the J-man and claim that the big man himself once ate a vegetarian sandwich within shouting distance of it. (Buyer responsible for paying for the swabbing for kale DNA residue.)

Wasn't this being sold earlier on eBay? The "first of its kind ebay" thing? Didn't they want, like, $600K for it?

Deja vu something something...

Isnt the highest price paid for an apple 1 less than half the asking price? I wonder what ebays percentage on that sale would be (with thier new horrible model). 18%?

And then some rich kid buys it and guts it for the keyboard. :p

Until recently I had my search results limited to $500 max. Daaahm prices are going up!

And then some rich kid buys it and guts it for the keyboard. :p

Man, that would be the most epic thing ever if one of those genuinely horrible trust fund kids that have YouTube channels solely to flex daddy's wealth were to buy that thing so they could gut it and stick a Playstation 5 inside. Maybe coat the TV with Swarovski crystals...

It's the Florida unit. It's been there for almost a year now.
The guy is accepting silent bids through PM last I heard. His brain is totally meth fried.

What would you guys think if WOZ re-released the Apple I or II in some kind of Kit for us enthusiasts? You know, an 8 bit style computer with modern components etc? But with his spin on it. Alot of people are making such things now and I really dont have an interest ( I mean I like the mini PET but I own TWO actual PETS so I wont buy one). If Woz was behind it, Id buy it.

There have been Apple I clone boards done, based on the original PCB artwork. For example, Mike W's Apple 1 Memeo project. There have been numerous other clones based loosely on the original hardware, with easier, more modern, components, e.g. the Replica 1.

So you build one; what are you going to do with it? That was the problem when the Steves rolled out the original at HBCC. A number had already built 8080 and 8008 based systems; the Apple 1 was basically an SBC and not expandable.

I realize that. I just meant if he released his own Computer kit.. Again.. For us Retro Hobbyists. With features to make it appealing.

There have been Apple I clone boards done, based on the original PCB artwork. For example, Mike W's Apple 1 Memeo project. There have been numerous other clones based loosely on the original hardware, with easier, more modern, components, e.g. the Replica 1.

So you build one; what are you going to do with it? That was the problem when the Steves rolled out the original at HBCC. A number had already built 8080 and 8008 based systems; the Apple 1 was basically an SBC and not expandable.

This was something I thought of last week. The Apple 1 is an awful computer in the perspective of third party software. Anyone who owns an Apple 1 or one of its many replicas has it on display or it's showing one of the handful of things people have gotten working on it:
-The ROM monitor
-An Apple logo
-The BASIC sign-on
-A picture of Steve Jobs
-A picture of Woz

There's really nothing else. It's just one of the numerous caseless micros that started to show up on the market in the mid-70's and if it wasn't tied to Apple it would of been forgotten.

I never cared for one even when they were much cheaper. There just isn't any software to bother with. The Apple Lisa is pretty much in the same boat same as the original low RAM compact Mac. To be honest the Next machines had some style to them and the MO drive on the cube was interesting but few software titles were sold for them.

The Mac SE and SE/30 were very usable and had some expansion to them but the models that got me interested in collecting macs were the Mac II and Quadra series. If Jobs was alive today he would hate those models because of the expansion slots and not being closed off enough for his vision of computing.

Back