• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple ][+ boot disk creation and problems

Thatguyagain

Im new at this so be gentle lol. I have a apple ][+ with a single drive and a langage card, works great. I only have one disk to boot from and wanted to make a copies.
Is it possable to do that without a second drive and or a copying program?
So far i blanked and formated 2 disks. I copied hello onto both of them and it will boot dos 3.3, but it will not load integer. It says 210 break file not found.
There is a locked B* integerbasic file on my good booting disk, but i am unable to load it into memory as it flags as a file type mismatch.
Any ideas?

You can copy using a single disk drive. If you want to make an exact copy I would recommend using one of the disk copy programs (i.e. Locksmith, Copy ][ Plus, etc.).

You may want to investigate ADTPro:

It allows you to copy files from a PC to an Apple using a serial connection (if you don't have a serial card it will work with the cassette interface, more details on their page). Once you have ADTPro you can download Apple disk images, including Locksmith and Copy ][ Plus, and write them to floppy.

Update,
. i had multiple problems going on. I had a bad ram chip that was doing some weird things. Now thats repaired ive been able to get the programs to run correctly.

Back