• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple II Disk Image -> Disk Service

jrehmer

Experienced Member
When I first started getting back into the Apple II world years ago I was having a lot of trouble figuring out how (and finding parts, etc.) to transfer disk images to real disks so I could use them on my IIe and IIgs machines. Several years later and I've acquired the knowledge and means to perform this several different ways with various technologies. I know I used to get frustrated when I was first starting out so if anyone needs disks made from disk images let me know.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 80GB worth of archived disk images. Probably a lot of duplicates but if you're looking for something chances are I have it on my Macbook.

If you are interested in this service please contact me. I will only use brand new floppy disks and they will be the proper 2DD/Double Sided Single Density/Low Density disks.

What about ripping existing floppies, TO images for emulators?

~Paul

I've got a bag full of disks, and I could sort through and try to select the best of the best to make emulator images of.

I would definitely be interested in doing that. I've not had much success making disk images of copy protected disks, so as long as they're not all copy protected I'd be happy to take on a project like that!

I will have to get back to you on this at a later date, the disks are at my parent's house, and I haven't had much time to go there for anything.

Glad to know you can do this.

~Paul

I would definitely be interested in doing that. I've not had much success making disk images of copy protected disks, so as long as they're not all copy protected I'd be happy to take on a project like that!

I have a couple of share/freeware libraries from local UGs (4 - 5000 disks total). Would you be interested in them? I'll even foot the cost of shipping. Drop a msg. in my inbox.

--T

I always wondered if you still had those, T. But alas I haven't made much progress in backing mine up either though I think I do have the hardware just finding the time is the tough part.

Back