• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II Diskette Drives My shipping Saga continues

I just had an Apple /// delivered that was in a box mostly stuffed with those fill-air bags of air. Not the best choice for such a heavy load, but everything managed to arrive in one piece after all.

I once got an original Macintosh with mouse, keyboard and extra original floppy drive plus some original floppies in the original bag via Canada post. The only packing was a label around the two handle straps. It came in perfect condition. Was I ever surprised seeing it sitting on my front porch in plain view for a few hours. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. Had it not arrive, I wouldn't have stopped crying :)

I also got an Apple Lisa once packed in Walmart pillows; four around the sides and one on top and bottom of the box. Don't do this! The pillows expand and puff out the cardboard box compromising the structure and integrity of the box.

You just never know how someone is going to pack something.

I also got an Apple Lisa once packed in Walmart pillows; four around the sides and one on top and bottom of the box. Don't do this! The pillows expand and puff out the cardboard box compromising the structure and integrity of the box.

Not true, i do this all the time with couch cushions and pillows for shipping. Several members of this forum were very satisfied with the packing and the resulting undamaged items. Well packed pillows and those old couch cushions are best i think. They may press on the outside of the box, but given what the box has to endure anyway, if you have taped up the box securely it won't matter, as the box won't break.

Back