• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II Wifi modem card – gauging interest

Dan hasn't been online since February. Not sure if this project was ever finished.
Good point, I will shoot him an email. The PCB layout is there, so honestly it's probably 'details' level of work compared to starting from scratch for me, even if several details.

Good point, I will shoot him an email. The PCB layout is there, so honestly it's probably 'details' level of work compared to starting from scratch for me, even if several details.
let us know if you end up hearing anything from him. I'd like to try getting one of these working with my Franklin.

let us know if you end up hearing anything from him. I'd like to try getting one of these working with my Franklin.
Thanks for reminding me to follow up. Here's what I heard back recently:

Yup, the firmware should be in the repo in the firmware folder (WIFIROM.asm). The firmware is really, really simple – I got it just far enough to be able to send disk images over the wifi network.

https://github.com/danwerner21/AII-WIFI/tree/main/firmware

I have a c# program somewhere that would connect to the apple and send a program to the apple that would get and write a disk image from the server. If I can find the source for that I will add it to the repo . . . (although it was a real hack )

My goal here is to simplify/combine the functional setup of what a super serial + wimodem232 creates into a single slot card, for use with proterm. That would be my primary driver for picking this project up.

Thanks for reminding me to follow up. Here's what I heard back recently:

My goal here is to simplify/combine the functional setup of what a super serial + wimodem232 creates into a single slot card, for use with proterm. That would be my primary driver for picking this project up.
Again, sorry to beat a dead horse but even after combining functionality.. Will this new card be able to bootstrap ADTpro? (I realize its not one of your goals just getting up to speed.)

It is definitely something I would look at, even if it's not my goal. I don't mind you asking, I know a lot of people would probably want that. It may be a question of if it can be done in a single firmware more than if it can be done at all (I hope).

Back