• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIc constantly registering key presses

I had thought there might be a liquid issue when I started the system the first time after a healthy Magic Eraser scrubbing, but when it exhibited the same behavior completely dry, I knew that wasn't the problem.
What are your plans to try and troubleshoot this issue? Where did you obtain the system from? Are you willing to put any money into it? You mentioned "a healthy Magic Eraser scrubbing". Is it safe to infer it was quite dirty?

And I have never had a single Mac destroyed by a leaked battery. Problem is, personal experience does not mean the same is true for all others. Unlike you, I never had any keyboard with liquid damage either. Point is, it can be the keyboard or the controller and neither should be ruled out from the outset based on "personal experience".

A broken keyboard ICs is not uncommon on the IIc. You can find repair videos on YouTube dealing with exactly that issue.
Who is ruling anything out jumpy mc jumpy? I asked him to try a few things... You know troubleshooting? Until he does that, this is all conjecture.... Its just talk. So maybe relax a little.

What are your plans to try and troubleshoot this issue? Where did you obtain the system from? Are you willing to put any money into it? You mentioned "a healthy Magic Eraser scrubbing". Is it safe to infer it was quite dirty?
I picked it up via Facebook Marketplace, and yeah, it was very dirty when I got it.

I'm willing to put a few bucks into it, because I paid a reasonable price for the whole bundle I got.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner all the time to clean Apple parts and never had any item come out not working properly if it was working properly before the cleaning. Personally, I think the ultrasonic cleaner is much safer than an ordinary dishwasher. I have yet to see any Apple II component marked "dishwasher safe". :giggle:

I have yet to see any Apple II component marked "dishwasher safe". :giggle:
Doesnt mean it doesnt work... and work extrememly well.. regardless of the brand. I swear by it. And its not something I have done once or twice. I have done it dozens of times.

Back