• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIgs monitor

tblake05

Experienced Member
Anyone an expert? Why won’t it go back together all the way on the bottom. I don’t want to force it. I feel like I’m missing something.

I took it apart for retro brite.

Attachments

• E20D7D67-0B36-400E-B51C-3899BCEC9163.jpeg
    E20D7D67-0B36-400E-B51C-3899BCEC9163.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
seems yoj can just close it and screw it right? dont forget the crt had 3 rubber grommets and 1 metal washer. did you put the pcb mounting frame under the 2 lower crt tabs or on top of them?

seems yoj can just close it and screw it right? dont forget the crt had 3 rubber grommets and 1 metal washer. did you put the pcb mounting frame under the 2 lower crt tabs or on top of them?
Ugh. Pretty sure I put the pcb mounting frame on top of the crt frame. And now that you mention that, I think it needs to go under doesn’t it? Cause it was a little fiddly taking apart with the frame and pcb still attached. So I’m betting that is my problem.

Help me out tho. Someone was inside this monitor before. Though it’s very clean low hour, it appears they changed the horiz output transistor. Lots of flux residue....

Anyway, when I took it apart, only 3 of the 4 crt mounting screws had like rubber grommets. And only one had 1 washer. What should the order be when reassembly?

Thanks for the help!!

~Tim

top bracket goes above crt. big pcb bracket under. its a pain in the butt and i have retrobrighted many .. make sure you have the rubber grommets and dont overtighten the screws or you will get diagnal cracks jn the front bezel plastics.

top two have rubber. looking at the monitor head on bottom right has washer... opposite has 3rd grommet.
great thanks! I was wondering why I only had 1 washer and 3 grommets. Was scratching my head looking literally everywhere for a washer to not short something out.

But on the top two what layer does the grommets go?

Same with the bottom two, plastic front, then pcb frame, then crt frame or is it washer (or grommet)?

The IIGS monitor should work from 15khz RGB+S but after making and adapter I can’t get it to turn on.

Did anyone ever make a professional 9 pin Amiga/Sony/targa to GS adapter?

I’m told the GS monitor should even accept composite on one of the pins.

The IIGS monitor should work from 15khz RGB+S but after making and adapter I can’t get it to turn on.

Did anyone ever make a professional 9 pin Amiga/Sony/targa to GS adapter?

I’m told the GS monitor should even accept composite on one of the pins.
the iigs monitor is analog.rgb not digital rgbi.. its bot gonna work. trust me I already barked up that tree.

the iigs monitor is analog.rgb not digital rgbi.. its bot gonna work. trust me I already barked up that tree.
My system sends out analog Targa video (256,000 colors)
Not digital, not sure if I’m missing a presence pin or some other apple specific bs that keeps you from using their screens on other equipment

@tblake05 So how did it turn out?
Hey! Long time I know, but I think I’ll tackle this again tomorrow after doing some yard work...

Just so I’m not mistaken.....

The top goes.... crt tabs, rubber grommets, then bracket?

Bottom goes grommet (on left side) washer ( on right), then pcb holder-bracket, then crt tabs?.

Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse.

Thanks!!!

~Tim

rubber grommets first.. 3 of them. only one on bottomright if looking out front bezel. washer on opposite side you had the rest correct.

Yep! My most nostalgic machine from grade school. And maybe the computer I’m most fond of.... followed closely by the generic case Cyrix 486 my parents bought me around the same time.... still haven’t tracked down the same generic case...

Thanks again for the help Verault!!!

~Tim

Back