• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIgs: Need Info

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
I just came from Goodwill and they had an Apple IIGS w/5.25" fdd for $40, keyboard for $6, 3.5" fdd for $6 and scanner for $10, and various printers from $5-$15. All to be considered untested, no monitor. Should I get it? I can get a better inventory with part numbers and everythign if anybody's interested. Should *I* get it? Since I started school I don't really have time for vintage playtime (I wish). But I'll snag it for somebody if they're willing to reimburse me and ship it.

looks like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-APPLE-...747546902QQcategoryZ80286QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cards...

cards...

Did you check it for cards?

Some of them (RAM, SCSI, etc) fetch nice prices.

$40+ seems a bit pricey for a stock IIgs...

If it had the nice colour monitor with it, that'd be different.

I thought so too, that's why I wanted to ask about it. The goodwill on that side of town is expensive on everything. There was a 15" hp monitor there for $70. Not crt, nothing special about it. Nuff said. They did have a couple of scsi zip and jaz drives for $6 apiece, though. drive and ps only. I don't have anything scsi so I passed it.

I was there 10 minutes before they closed so I didn't get a chance to open the box, unfortunately. I can't remember if it had anything on the back to give a hint at something inside. And yeah, it had no monitor. Too bad. I guess it's not a taker.

Like Myron says, a _lot_ depends on what cards are inside. A RamFAST SCSI card or a TransWarp or ZIP accelerator card would make $40 a nice buy.

Actually, if the slots are stuffed with boards, that would qualify as pretty likely to be a good find.

Back