• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

APPLE macintosh will pay cash

DOS-Master

Experienced Member
128k, classic, plus, original. DOESN't MATTER! i will pay whatever you make the price. I live in Connecticut so can't ship too far (japan, austrailia, uk)

needs to
work
come with a keyboard and mouse
have some version of OS on it

yeah i'm in CT and my zip code is 06043

does it have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, os?

or is it a built in monitor

Yes, yes, yes, and mebbe. You can probably pick up a monitor locally for less than it would cost to ship one. Any VGA will work, with the adaptor I also will supply. The OS is 7.5.-something... I've been told that that's the highest version that will run on that model (7200). IIRC, it's a 90MHz.

--T

OK, kewl but, just for sh!ts & giggles, what part puts you off (I mean, it can't be the asking price)? Is it the OS version? D'ya need an earlier or later version?

--T

You don't have a spare VGA, and you don't bother to look for one locally? Terry told you the monitor alone probably costs more in shipping than you'd pay for one at your place, and then the whole deal is not interesting anymore? What about someone tries to sell you another Mac without a VGA adaptor, so they supply the original monitor? That might be a small fortune in shipping.

DOS-Master said:
no F***ing monitor

From what I understood he said he had a monitor but that the shipping would be prohibitive.

I'm pretty sure if you wanted to ship a 50 pound chunk of glass halfway across the country Terry would oblige, but why would you??

Perhaps from a collector's point of view, an original monitor is a must (even if those were sold separately). I'm not familiar if that Mac has graphic modes at so low frequency that most VGA won't sync, i.e. it would only be partially useful. I know AGA Amigas came with a VGA device driver, but then you were forced to one resolution and no games or other programs opening a custom screen won't work.

I don't wanna roam aroung looking for parts after I buy the computer with missing features.

DOS-Master said:
I don't wanna roam aroung looking for parts after I buy the computer with missing features.
It is just a stinking standard monitor, vga, 15-pin, 93% of all monitors use 9-pin.:bigups:
Edit, lol, I meant 15-pin at the end.

Last edited:
vlad said:
No Kidding? I have like, 4-5 of them.....

-VK
Sometimes, yeah...when the moon is in the right phase, or whatever it is that controls bidding...
I have a few of 'em myself, new in package w/ instructions, etc. Haven't tried sellin' any tho.

--T

They GIVE AWAY 15 inch monitors on places like freecycle. It would be the height of foolishness to spend $75 to ship a monitor when you can pick one up free.

BTW IIRC a PPC 7200 should run OS 9.1 just fine. 7.5.5 is free from Apple though. I run OS 9 on a pizza box 6200. 7200s are good macs.

Since whatsisface doesn't want it, what would shipping be to Vero Beach, FL 32966?

Last edited:
Back