• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AppleIIfan's M100 & DVI: only $600

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Mike, a guess your help was not appreciated.

I know how that feels, I am trying to help him all the time by pointing out possible discrepancies in his stories so he can get the straight next time he tells them but he doesn't seem to appreciate my help either.

What happened? I try to do you a favour by posting a heads-up here about the M100 and then you disappoint us again and pull it off eBay...

OMG Mike, a guess your help was not appreciated.
I really don't get it; he's got lots of good stuff and apparently pretty well everybody who bought from him here was happy with the transaction, and he's free to sell on eBay and elsewhere for whatever price he thinks he can get. Some of his prices may seem out of line, but some folks will always find a price too high and as usual if you don't want to pay the price, don't buy it and move on.

As long as he obtained the stuff he's selling legitimately I don't see any problem, so why on earth does he keep on with the lies, contradictions and BS... I don't see where it gets him anything but it sure makes him sound like someone you can't trust, the very thing you'd think he'd want to avoid. He and some others on here just see our comments as attacking and harassing him, but I think that's really all we've been saying all along, just stop the BS and shenanigans and you'd probably do quite well, and people might in fact believe that you're honest and trustworthy. Weird; maybe he just can't help it...

Wow... what in the heck did I miss?

EDIT - Oh I see. This guy is nothing more than a habitual liar/former? scam artist that needs help. I just read his posts on some other forums... funny how NOTHING matches up on any of them. Does he not realize that most people on here are registered on Amibay, 68kmla, Applefritter, etc?

I remember seeing this stuff go down on Applefritter back in 04/05... I didn't realize until after reading all the posts that AppleIIFan was Steven Landon.

Last edited:
Yup, I agree. My whole point of doing what I did was to get him to be honest and straight about things, nothing more or less! After all the things that were brought to light he still didn't get it as he was the 'victim'.

Banned from here and AmiBay now, not too many places left for him to go soon. I just hope he sees the light and starts being honest about things.

I really don't get it; he's got lots of good stuff and apparently pretty well everybody who bought from him here was happy with the transaction, and he's free to sell on eBay and elsewhere for whatever price he thinks he can get. Some of his prices may seem out of line, but some folks will always find a price too high and as usual if you don't want to pay the price, don't buy it and move on.

As long as he obtained the stuff he's selling legitimately I don't see any problem, so why on earth does he keep on with the lies, contradictions and BS... I don't see where it gets him anything but it sure makes him sound like someone you can't trust, the very thing you'd think he'd want to avoid. He and some others on here just see our comments as attacking and harassing him, but I think that's really all we've been saying all along, just stop the BS and shenanigans and you'd probably do quite well, and people might in fact believe that you're honest and trustworthy. Weird; maybe he just can't help it...

Curious...where does one go on the forum to find out if someone's been banned/etc? I don't see anything in announcements, nor anywhere else official? (assuming that such things are announced publicly)

Note: not bashing, jumping on the guy, etc, but am curious to lean more about this place that I tend to hang around alot.

Yup and now he is on Lemon claiming to be reviving his love for Commodore whilst he has been trying to sell his SX-64.

I just warned them that he has been banned from here and AmiBay and already got a PM from him telling me his is going to the police about me stalking him LOL

All I was doing was making them aware of what has been happening.

I know these things are rare, but if someone "new" shows up on the forum advertising one to sell at a similar price, he may get banned on the assumption he is AppleIIfan under another name.

Last edited:
Don't worry he is very sloppy with new accounts and will be easy to spot by that and his actions. From the looks of it he is running out of options to sell his stuff (ebay won't put up with BS from new members).

I do wonder if all the warehouse stuff he has was snagged as donations to his "museum".

P.S. The police doesn't take anything serious from convicted fellons.

LOL I ain't worried about the police at all. Freedom of Speech etc....

That warehouse was suspicious from the beginning, same as his 'friend' unloading a house full of Commodore stuff. I am watching him on Lemon as well. Yes is he is running out of options to flog his stuff.

I wouldn't worry... notifying people about a lying scam artist isn't harassment. It's being informative. I just signed up on Lemon to watch it go down....

...Makes me want to pull my C64 out of the closet... it probably hasn't seen light in nearly 10 years.

Get that Commodore out of the closet :) Out of all the retro home computers I think the C64 and Vic20 have the largest following still

Yeah that's why I went to Lemon as well to see how long he lasts there and to inform the users there what they are dealing with.

Not that anything is ever full proof for someone going out of their way to get back in, but IPs are logged and other identifiable information are a few ways admins can tell potentially that a user has tried to come back. I know the crew here have seen it before and are pretty savvy at weeding out fake accounts and the like.

Somehow I knew it would come to this.

You know what?
So did a few of us, and I for one am glad he's banned - it's about bloody time !

We've been through this sort of crap before with FrozenFire75i - some people don't change their ways, and they need to be banned permanently.
I just can't believe it took this long to happen.

Maybe now the forum will get back to something more enjoyable/normal without all the distractions provided by one particular member.
It had been a nice forum to visit, but it sure wasn't while he was here because of all the crap he causes (and I mean HE causes) while he was here.

Unfortunately some people don't realise that a community forum is just like real life. Integrity and reputation is important, and even more so if you want people to engage in buy/sell transactions. Actually, it's even more important than face to face, as everything you say is recorded as a permenant record and can be cross-checked.

I'll engage in civil conversation with people that are inconsistant but I'll never trust them.

Tez

I didn't think he would be banned before he scammed a bunch of people first. Even with all this information on the internet and it being so easy to track that guy he still managed to sell to people here. Seems to me people will buy stuff from anyone as long as they think they are getting a deal (they don't care about the seller or even if the stuff is stolen or not).

I didn't think he would be banned before he scammed a bunch of people first. Even with all this information on the internet and it being so easy to track that guy he still managed to sell to people here. Seems to me people will buy stuff from anyone as long as they think they are getting a deal (they don't care about the seller or even if the stuff is stolen or not).
Personally I just had no idea there was anything untoward about him - I haven't been on AppleFritter in years and while I vaguely recall something about a Steven Landon now, I didn't remember anything when I bought from him (and bafflingly, both times I got exactly what was described with no hassle - don't know why he has to be so much trouble for other people if he's perfectly capable of satisfactory service...)

Don't be too harsh on those who bought from him. Not everyone is a Sherlock Holmes, and sometimes a good prior reference may suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back