• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Arrgh!!!

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It's SNOWING here!!!! I can feel the early onset of Cabin Fever already! (Remember the Stephen King movie The Shining? (starring Jack Nicholson, of course)...

--T

"Here" is mid-Michigan (the middle of the mitten). I used to love snow too, till I tore-up my left knee. Since I can't ski anymore, I got no use for the stuff, it's just another PITA in the RustBelt.

--T

Terry Yager said:
"Here" is mid-Michigan (the middle of the mitten). I used to love snow too, till I tore-up my left knee. Since I can't ski anymore, I got no use for the stuff, it's just another PITA in the RustBelt.

--T

Thanks for helping me remember, I have to get my skis to the shop for a bit of repair

Re: Arrgh!!!

"Terry Yager" wrote:

> AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It's SNOWING here!!!!

...And I'm frying my butt off 'ere!

> I can feel the early onset of Cabin Fever already! (Remember the
> Stephen King movie "The Shining"? (starring Jack
> Nicholson, of course)...

Did Stephen King write "The Shining". Stanley Kubrick directed it (I know
that much!).

CP/M User.

It's Snowing

It's Snowing

If I remember my high school science, Your weather turns into my weather in a couple of days. Thanks a lot :!: :!:

No snow here yet, on the other side of the pond. Although temperature has dropped from +10 to -2 in the last week, and there was some winds the other day. Of course the strong wind people in Sweden complain about is a light breeze compared to what parts of e.g. the US has suffered.

The forecast indicates some snow tomorrow morning, followed by sun in the afternoon, around -5 C. Saturday will be cloudy and on Sunday there will be a bit of sun and about 0 C. Rather typical weather for mid November.

mmm snow

mmm snow

man I miss snow...

I grew up in Midland, probably not to far from where you are. ;)

Re: mmm snow

Re: mmm snow

mryon said:

man I miss snow...

I grew up in Midland, probably not to far from where you are. ;)

'Bout a half-hour drive, straight down M-13...

--T

Any snow in New England yet?

I'm coming over next week (but unluckily I'll stay east coast again-I'd like to see some nice vintage computer museums but they all seem to be west coast).

Ah well wont have much time anyway :(

Jorg said:

I'm coming over next week (but unluckily I'll stay east coast again-I'd like to see some nice vintage computer museums but they all seem to be west coast).

We have an inch right now, still comming down, in mid-Michigan.

BTW, if you find yourself in my area, please stop by, and visit ComputerHell, I'll make it worth the trip.

--T

Terry Yager said:
Jorg said:

We have an inch right now, still comming down, in mid-Michigan.

BTW, if you find yourself in my area, please stop by, and visit ComputerHell, I'll make it worth the trip.

--T

Well thanks for the offer! I'm sure Computerhell would be worth it ;)
It looks like I will get to Westchester County airport (NY) and then even up to Cleveland a day later, but that will be very tight (just one day)- then fly on to Washington DC area again. Those trips are always the same.
You get back and everyone says 'how was the States?'- and I reply well all airports taxi's and hotels are still there. Never see anything else :/

Back to the weather report, today (Thursday) it was above 0 C again. A bit rain, but more dull fall than coming winter. No real snow is scheduled until earliest Monday.

Yeah, we have 2" now, and it seems to be sticking...(Of course, there was an inch of rain before it turned to snow, so everything is under-coated with a layer of black ice...fun for driving in...).

--T

AAArrrrrrGGGGG

AAArrrrrrGGGGG

Terry Yager said:
Yeah, we have 2" now, and it seems to be sticking...(Of course, there was an inch of rain before it turned to snow, so everything is under-coated with a layer of black ice...fun for driving in...).

--T
Like I said before, give it two days and your weather turns into our weather . Spent the morning driving to Lewiston about 86 miles and and it took about 2 1/2 hrs. snow ,sleet ,white outs and the first snow of the year idiots.Lots of holiday folks with the dirty side up. Over in the western mountain the Bethel area the ski slopes opened. about 6 - 10 " of mixed. Whats the Report for my saturday ? Last day of white-tail season
and I got one tag left.

"Bob Dylan (Zimmerman)" wrote:

> "Y'know, the nearer your destination, the more you're slip-slidin' away!

Sorry to tell you this, but that's Paul Simon's song.

Cause Simon & Garfunkel did "The Times they are changin'" (from their Debut album - Wednesday Morning 3am) though that's about the extent they did from Dylan. ;-)

CP/M User.

Back