• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AST Rampage 286 Plus setup disk?

the xt guy

Experienced Member
I've acquired three AST Rampage 286 Plus memory exapnsion cards. These fit a standard 16-bit ISA slot and have eight 30-pin SIMMs slots for a max of 8 megs of RAM.

To set up the RAM on the card, the cards need a setup disk. I was easily able to find info on the 'net for the few jumpers on the card, but the setup software is still needed.

Apparently the setup disk modifies the CMOS on the card, which stores the setup info. There is a jumper on the card to clear the CMOS back to default values, but that won't help if I don't have the setup disk.

I searched via Google, the European "Metropoli" site and Driverguide, no luck. Driverguide also had links to a company which still hosted some AST software (mostly for their computers, very little for peripherials), nothing there either.

I have a new in the box "RAMPAGE/EGAforAT" card, software and two manuals.
I will list it on ebay today as a 3 day auction and start the bid at $9.99

I do not know if this is what you want. Box says it contains, "SuperPak utility software for expanded memory, including fastdisk and superdrive for RAM disks and Superspool print buffer" & "Mutitasking/windowing environment software for full utiliztion of Enhanced EMS Memory

My full time income is ebay, so this is the type of "deals" I offer. Though as I become comfortable here, I think I will be offering some forum only super deals.

OH, my ebay id is electronicspart http://stores.ebay.com/The-Electronics-Part-Place
I'll also ad some other vintage AST items.

I just listed the card http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190214142102

Last edited:
Oops my mistake on the wording (I was posting from work). They are definitely marked as "AST RampagePlus 286.

These are it! Thank you very much modem7. I'm running the setup program on one of the cards right now.

Back