• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AT to XT Keyboard Converter

Scott -

If you just need 1 or 2 PM me an address and I'll toss them into an envelope. I had a batch made up a while ago and have spares.

- Gary

Turns out I'm going to need one of these... Can someone point me to the schematic and/or eagle files if they are available? I think I already have the code.

Thanks,
Scott

yay, it's working! I can use my new old 5150 now! I had a custom pcb made for this along with a few others on my latest pcb order:

xtatkbd_small.JPG

I added a PTC (because I'm paranoid and have no idea whether what I may use this with in the future will have a keyboard fuse) and a LED.

I assume the license on this is non-commercial use only? I have a small pile of leftover pc-boards (Seeed makes them in qty 10) and other components but wouldn't want to violate a license by selling them, if it's not allowed.

I dunno if anyone ever specified a license. For my part (I'm the guy who made the OSHPark version), I'm fine with you selling it. But, I'm not the original creator.

If nothing else, I'd love you to update the OSHPark PCB design, and post it.

- Alex

i found the source. How can I get it programmed into the PIC12F629. I have a GQ-4X it it reads as blank, but when I try to program it I get the Verification failed at the end.

i found the source. How can I get it programmed into the PIC12F629. I have a GQ-4X it it reads as blank, but when I try to program it I get the Verification failed at the end.
I think that I programmed all of my 12F629 on a Willem unit.
But I brought out my GQ-4X, and discovered that I was seeing a "Configuration VerifyFailed" message after writing the .HEX file to a 12F629.
Comparing the Configuration info written to what was read back, I saw a difference.

temp_9326475178.png

That does not appear important, but to make the GQ-4X's verification routine 'happy', I:
1. Erased the 12F629, then;
2. did a 'blank check', then;
3. read in the .HEX file, then;
4. went to the Configuration tab, then;
5. changed the "Reserved" setting (double-click in the setting field, then use drop-down) from nothing to "Reserved", then;
6. wrote to the 12F629.

I just ordered another batch of PC boards in case anyone needs a few.

I also don't mind building up assembled/tested ones for folks who don't want to deal with collecting parts, programming the PIC's and 3D printing a case.

hopefully I will be building the OSHPARK AT2XT pcb soon and programming the PIC 12F629 on a Willem Eprom PCB 5.0 programmer, just wondered if Modem7 or anyone else could recommend what settings to choose below and any other helpful hints, I've had some experience doing eprom progamming on it but not PICs so any info would be appreciated before I jump in.

willem.jpg

thanks in advance

Well I jumped in and programmed the PIC, everything seems to work great, thanks to all your efforts with this guys.

BTW, just had a closer look at those special keyboards; turns out they have an XT/AT internal jumper so that's one less need for the XT > AT version.

Hello Mike S,

I know I am very late to this party, I hope you can help. I just came across this thread, I am looking for a way to interface my AT keyboard to a Sperry PC/HT (IBM XT clone).

I have a Elite/Chicony keyboard (some pictures attached), most of these are supposed to be AT/XT switchable but some are not, mine has no external switch. I am wondering how I can identify any internal jumper to make the change?

Alternatively, is anyone still making and selling the AT to XT converters? I would be interested in buying one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6660.JPG
    IMG_6660.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6661.JPG
    IMG_6661.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6662.JPG
    IMG_6662.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6663.JPG