• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AT2XT keyboard converter

After moving to the new forum engine, many links seem broken.
Cannot download source code from the first post.
@Erik - may you repost?
Thank you

After moving to the new forum engine, many links seem broken.
Cannot download source code from the first post.
@Erik - may you repost?
Thank you
@A. Fig Lee Not sure if it is the most up to date but I created an account on the forum listed in the first comment on this thread and was able to download a zip of everything here is the code, schematics, hex file, etc. Not sure if there were any updates to this project but it should at least be a good enough starting point if it isn't.

Attachments

• at2xtkb.zip
    414.8 KB · Views: 63
I was afraid that was going to happen--and I suspect it's just the tip of the iceberg. At any rate, if Erik can't find it, I still have the original.

@A. Fig Lee Not sure if it is the most up to date but I created an account on the forum listed in the first comment on this thread and was able to download a zip of everything here is the code, schematics, hex file, etc. Not sure if there were any updates to this project but it should at least be a good enough starting point if it isn't.
Thank you both!

:)

I looked @ assembler source and there is a reference to PIC12F675 which seem same as PIC12F629 but with ADC added.
And there is a line commented out to disable analog input, but hex seem compiled for PIC12F629.
Interesting, what assembler is that?
Not a regular from Microchip/MPLAB X..

The old Microchip assembler, mpasm. You can find a copy here. I don't know if the Microchip site still offers it as part of their MPLAB package.
Thank you.
Yes, Microchip, I believe from version 5.40, switched from mpasm to pic-asm. I guess to include all their line, including Atmel (?).
And this one is different.
I managed downloaded 5.35 and set on VM Windows 10 64 bit. Even though it compiled virtually fine (commented out if directive fot table size checking) MPLAB complined that there is no support for 64 bit.
JFYI.

Thanks, but I barely remember the instruction set of that little PIC. I doubt that I'll be revisiting the platform anytime soon. The keyboard project dates from a time when I was still using XP as my development platform.

Idea is to port all this knowledge to USB<->XT converter. But the road from idea to implementation is not smooth one

Well, I'd probably resort to a "Blue Pill" type solution. The STM32F107 does USB pretty well and has enough open-drain 5V tolerant I/O to make it reasonable--and it's cheap. And you can program it in C. It is a bit strange to use a 72MHz 32-bit MCU to interface to a 16-bit 4.77 MHz PC.

Last edited:
Well, I'd probably resort to a "Blue Pill" type solution. The STM32F107 does USB pretty well and has enough open-drain 5V tolerant I/O to make it reasonable--and it's cheap. And you can program it in C. It is a bit strange to use a 72MHz 32-bit MCU to interface to a 16-bit 4.77 MHz PC.
It is strange. Even use 4.77 MHz IBM PC XT is strange, but here we are. I was thinking about PIC24FJGBXXX

There are a lot of potential solutions, including some very low-priced Chinese micros that claim USB OTG. Since I don't own a single USB keyboard, this isn't a project for me. Most of mine are Model Ms.

Back