• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Atari 800xl New Power Supply?

RadRacer203

Veteran Member
I just picked up an immaculate Atari 800xl but it unfortunately didn't come with the power supply. Is there any place that sells new power supplies? I could get an original but I imagine they're similar to the Commodore units that fail and fry the computer. I'd much prefer something modern.

I just picked up an immaculate Atari 800xl but it unfortunately didn't come with the power supply. Is there any place that sells new power supplies? I could get an original but I imagine they're similar to the Commodore units that fail and fry the computer. I'd much prefer something modern.

I make them from a 5V 2A DC wall wart. I have 3 and parts to build a couple more. If you are interested, PM me. My price is almost certainly lower than what you can buy an original for on eBay. The most common supply seems to be the "Ingot" and has issues similar to the Commodore supplies. Most of the other versions are OK. I test mine on my 800XL, so you can rest assured it will work. I am in Ohio, so shipping should be fast.

Back