ON: CGA Mode
OFF:Mono/Graphics Mode
(set PC/XT DIP switches accordingly)

SW2&3:
ON/ON: RGB (CGA) monitor
ON/OFF: Composite or PC portable monitor
OFF/OFF:TTL Mono Monitor

SW4:
Enable Game Port (only used on the /g version).

Good idea to make a new thread.

SW1:
ON: CGA Mode
OFF:Mono/Graphics Mode
(set PC/XT DIP switches accordingly)

so, should I set the PC/XT swiches to CGA (80 or 40 col.) if I decide to use CGA mode with a mono monitor? And am I right that Mono/Graphics mode includes Hercules (and PC/XT swiches to Mono)?

Good idea to make a new thread.

so, should I set the PC/XT swiches to CGA (80 or 40 col.) if I decide to use CGA mode with a mono monitor? And am I right that Mono/Graphics mode includes Hercules (and PC/XT swiches to Mono)?
----------
I would say yes and yes. SW1 is the mode that the computer is using, SW2&3 are the type of monitor connected, and the card does any necessary conversion; mono graphics *is* Hercules mode.

Still can't read the disk, but I'll keep trying; there should be a spare or two somewhere as well. Most of it is just drivers for Lotus etc., but there is a diagnostics and a mode switching program that might be useful.

----------
I would say yes and yes. SW1 is the mode that the computer is using, SW2&3 are the type of monitor connected, and the card does any necessary conversion; mono graphics *is* Hercules mode.

Superb. I think I'll go for the CGA 80*25 to mono (ROM BASIC graphics will at least work then, and Trixter's CGA corruption :D (wait! isn't that 40*25 mode? anyway, I'll just use the MODE command) , but then I problably have to wait for the IDE project or find some way to fit my Panasonic CDROM inside my XT).

IDK how the MODE command will work with the card (to MDA), however, I'll keep the original MDA in just in cause I want high-res letters (must remember to change the swiches back or using MODE before using it).

Last edited:
Finally got the Graphics Solution disk copied; here it is.

Per, I'll send you a scan of the manual, such as it is, in a PM.

Found a V2 as well, so I have all three (versions 1, 2 and 3)

m

Attachments

• ATIGS.ZIP
    81 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the files. Neither the software or manual says anything about CGA 40*25 Textmode... Should I try it out then?

Back