• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ATTN: Boca Research FTP is working again, but probably not for long

southbird

Experienced Member
Some my have followed my exploits in this thread about my fights to get a Bocaram AT Plus driver. Well, during the course of that, I discovered that the should-be-anonymous Boca Research FTP had become non-anonymous.

Thanks to a bit of lookup from Chuck (G), we found that Boca's site was being hosted by Zoom Telephonics, but this apparently a temporary situation, to quote and emphasize the email I got back from tech support that got the FTP working again:

Hello Robert,

My understanding is Zoom only acquired the Boca Research name and trademarks, including the bocaresearch.com domain. We did not buy the whole company outright. As a courtesy we have kept the Boca Research sites as they are, with driver files and other support content still available, but at some point in the near future these sites will be taken down. It is not feasible for us to maintain sites for products that are well over 10 years old, and we have no current plans to produce products under the Boca Research domain.

I am told the FTP login issue should be resolved within ithe next 24 hours. If there are files on those sites that are missing or corrupt, we would not be able to replace them. We have not had contact with the former company in several years.

Do you represent a company that provides support for legacy products? Would you be interested in the bocaresearch.com domain?

Regards,
Jason M.
Technical Support

I recommend a few of us immediately mirror the ftp.bocaresearch.com server while it's up. Some of these driver files may become irreplaceable in a short time.

Seems like the ftp is pretty darned slow. I'm getting about 8-9 KB/sec. I'll leave it up all day if I have to.
Well, after an attention-getting announcement like that, half the members on here are probably shovelling the data off that site right now; no wonder it's slow, at least we haven't crashed it yet ;-)

Notice this is the problem if one hosts an ftp archive of drivers like this ;-) a bunch of folks mirroring the site and it comes to a crawl or stops being able to handle the traffic.

Notice this is the problem if one hosts an ftp archive of drivers like this ;-) a bunch of folks mirroring the site and it comes to a crawl or stops being able to handle the traffic.
Thats why you have d/l u/l limits to keep people from doing that. I would think that all the contents could fit on one DVDR you can mail to people who want a backup for a small fee.

Mirroring it as well...I wouldn't be surprised if they have ul/dl bandwidth quotas in place, since I'm getting the same 8-9 KB/sec too. I've got them set up for the anonymous account on my FTP server to discourage mirroring, since I have to pay for bandwidth overages.

I, for one, would be happy to write the archive to DVD and mail it to anyone who wants a copy for the price of the DVD + postage. So if you want a copy and don't want to download the whole thing yourself, PM me and we'll work it out.

EDIT: Cool, they apparently provide images of many of their products in the FTP archive. That should help with identifying unknown devices!

Last edited:
Well thanks Chuck(G) for the research, and thanks me for convincing tech support to fix it ;)

Well thanks Chuck(G) for the research, and thanks me for convincing tech support to fix it ;)
Indeed, but most of all, thanks to them and/or whoever took the time and trouble to fix the login problem, however little it took; that kind of helpfulness is rare indeed these days, especially when it isn't even Zoom's stuff.

Okay, someone want to tell me what all of the pictures of watches are about in \TheComplete\pub? Does this have anything to do with anything BocaResearch did, or is this someone's private collection?

FINISHED --2010-07-21 02:18:21--
Downloaded: 1340 files, 276M in 9h 24m 20s (8.34 KB/s)

Anyone wishing to get a copy can certianly request it on a CD!

It's possible...I use wget under Linux. Since the total size converts out to be the same (I use real megabytes, or "mibibytes," of course) I'd assume it has to do with directory counting.

Leeching it here also.
It seems to reach about 30KB/s, however I got 3 threads but only one running at a time.

1239 files, 100 directories ready

Last edited:
I know this was 10 years ago, but did anyone get the software for the BocaRAM XT card (I think the software is version 2.8) and, if so, can I get it or be directed to someplace that still has it?

Thanks.

I know this was 10 years ago, but did anyone get the software for the BocaRAM XT card (I think the software is version 2.8) and, if so, can I get it or be directed to someplace that still has it?
A copy of ftp.bocaresearch.com is at http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/mirrors/ftp.bocaresearch.com/

There, text file 'ArchivedDirectoryList' (in the root) indicates that the file you are after is named BRXT2_8.ZIP and is in file area 20.
So, http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/mirrors/ftp.bocaresearch.com/Drivers&Software/Archived/File_area_20/

Back