• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Available in Texas, lots of stuff

Prices on their web site ( www.elecshopper.com ) range from about the same as what you'd find on eBay, to much higher. It says they opened in 1997, and judging by the photos, it looks like they've never thrown anything out since then. There are some gems in that collection, but also a lot of worthless rubbish.

Prices on their web site ( www.elecshopper.com ) range from about the same as what you'd find on eBay, to much higher. It says they opened in 1997, and judging by the photos, it looks like they've never thrown anything out since then. There are some gems in that collection, but also a lot of worthless rubbish.
She's closing the operation down for health reasons but would rather find folks who can use the stuff instead of dumping it so if you don't insult her or waste her time I expect she'd be pretty flexible on price, especially if you take a bunch of stuff instead of just one or two items; someone in a position to pick up could probably do quite well...

From the pics it looks like there is a lot of neat stuff (particularly CRT monitors and peripherals!) that someone local could pick up.
Best of luck to anyone nearby. I hope this stuff doesn't end up in the dump.

Kerrville Tx (near San Antonio) Closing Business Deals

Kerrville Tx (near San Antonio) Closing Business Deals

That's about a 4 hour round-trip by road from here in Dallas. I looked over the site, potentially for some 5.25" floppies that I don't need, but I was a little concerned about the assurance of their condition... made me think they might be refurbished or recovered equipment; if that concerns you just ask and make certain before making a deal. If its just discontinued but new inventory, then it would be something worth a look.

I think the state put a tax on inventory dollar values a few years ago resulting in several companies suing the state (i.e. they're taxing inventory that hasn't been sold and thus generates no income to grab a share of). If that tax survived, it might be a contributing cause to any business holding stagnant inventory.

Hate to see any business fail...

Not to sound rude or anything - but is this actually closing down?

I went there about two years ago to pick up some stuff because they were 'closing down' operations by the end of the month. They had another 'closing sale' I want to say March/April of 2013 (I couldnt go because I was on vacation). And now they are having another 'close down' sale? Hmm.

Sounds good to me though, shes really nice and willing to bargain - so I might have to make the trek down and get some neat stuff I could use.

Back