• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Avaya Wireless World Gold PC Card drivers

BoredFish

I've got a Avaya wireless world gold pc card for my windows 95 laptop. Where I bought it from was supposed to have the driver disk, but the guy didn't include them. I've tried the ORiNOCO drivers, however client manager doesn't seem to work properly, as client manager will say "error opening the control panel applet: WNLUC41.CPL-8002" whenever trying to do basically anything. I found some Avaya drivers, however the client manager program that comes with it complains about how the drivers aren't the right version. Does anyone know where I could get some proper drivers?

Welcome to the forum @BoredFish !

I haven’t used that exact card, but you might try asking on Vogons.org, as there are more DOS and Windows 95 enthusiasts there. Have you tried these drivers?

- Alex
Hi! Yes, I've tried these. Though, the client manager spits out "error opening the control panel applet: WNLUC41.CPL-8002" whenever it tries to open too much. Dunno why, I've reinstalled 95 like 3-5 times, but I get no change. The farthest I've gotten is with the Avaya downloads, though it doesn't like the drivers that came with the software. I have in fact posted both here and vogons just to try to see lol.

It looks like the software requires windows 95 OSR2 or later. Is that the version of windows 95 you are using?
Also it suggests that IE4 might be required, but that might just be for the help files.

2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS 2.1 Operating System The CD-ROM includes drivers and software for various operating systems. To use the "Wireless LAN CD-Wizard" you will need a computer running one of the Microsoft operating systems listed below: - MS-Windows 95 (OSR 2 and higher) - MS-Windows 98 and 98 SE (Second Edition) - MS-Windows NT v4.0 (Service Pack 4.0 and higher) - MS-Windows 2000 - MS-Windows Me (Millenium edition) - MS-Windows XP Home/Professional Edition 2.2 Internet Browser The "Wireless LAN CD-Wizard" uses Microsoft Compiled HTML Help to display the naviagtion tool. To view and use Microsoft Compiled HTML Help your computer needs to support basic funtionalies of the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine, supported by the Internet Explorer versions listed below: - MS-Internet Explorer v4.0 - MS-Internet Explorer v5.0 & 5.5 - MS-Internet Explorer v6.0 or higher

It looks like the software requires windows 95 OSR2 or later. Is that the version of windows 95 you are using?
Also it suggests that IE4 might be required, but that might just be for the help files.

2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS 2.1 Operating System The CD-ROM includes drivers and software for various operating systems. To use the "Wireless LAN CD-Wizard" you will need a computer running one of the Microsoft operating systems listed below: - MS-Windows 95 (OSR 2 and higher) - MS-Windows 98 and 98 SE (Second Edition) - MS-Windows NT v4.0 (Service Pack 4.0 and higher) - MS-Windows 2000 - MS-Windows Me (Millenium edition) - MS-Windows XP Home/Professional Edition 2.2 Internet Browser The "Wireless LAN CD-Wizard" uses Microsoft Compiled HTML Help to display the naviagtion tool. To view and use Microsoft Compiled HTML Help your computer needs to support basic funtionalies of the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine, supported by the Internet Explorer versions listed below: - MS-Internet Explorer v4.0 - MS-Internet Explorer v5.0 & 5.5 - MS-Internet Explorer v6.0 or higher
I do have OSR2. I also installed IE5, as the installer won't even launch with the preinstalled IE3.

Back