• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

awe crap, need help

evildragon

Veteran Member
Ok, way back when my IBM Model 25 was my fathers (before he gave it to me in 1994 when he got his first color computer), he gave it to me with a word processor called "First Choice".

Long story short, there's memories attached to this disk (he was in college at the time), and I accidentally erased the disk years ago.

Now he wants the disk, but it's got instead, freddies rescue roundup.

Need a little help here guys. Where can I even find this application? I tried both stores, and questionable sources. Nothing.

PFS:First Choice? Although this page has no items for sale, you seem to get a list of which versions were available: http://emsps.com/oldtools/spc.htm

If he still owns documents, there appears to be some filters and converters to get them readable on other word processors. There is (was?) also something called PFS:WindowWorks which I'm unsure if it was compatible or a follow-up to the word processor.

Good luck. I saw from eBay Wanted ads that more people than you are looking to buy a set.

I think that's it. I faintly remember a box in the middle of the screen that "popped up" (literally, it grew from a single dot) with menu items, and it going to a full screen word processor.

perhaps a filter will work, if I can find one.

Slim chance of me actually finding it, but I know I have PFS something or other on a floppy around here somewhere. I'm pretty sure its on my Zenith SuperSPORT too. I'll try and find the disk this afternoon.

Back