• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

B&C Mocrosystems 1409C Programmer

KHPH

Hello All,

I have recently come in possession of a large lot contain massive amounts of Vintage Military, Radio, Audio and and Telecommunications electronics. I'm doing my best to contact collectors before I start to look to gold recovery folks and ebay snatchers, so here something I thought might be useful to someone here.

I have a B&C Microsystems 1409C Eprom Programmer. I have the original power cable, data cable, manual, the two small eprom socket connectors, as well as two sleeves of old ceramic eprom chips that came with it, and some loose ceramic eproms as well. There are 3 floppy discs that I'm assuming are driver software in their original sleeves. The device powers on and the program LED flashes there is essentially no cosmetic damage whatsoever, except a loose switch in the back that appears to potentially be an aftermarket addition connected to nothing.

I'm not savvy enough to test the ability of this device to copy/wipe individual chips, but this is one of the items from the lot in the best visible condition with the most complete, original components. Also, if the out-of-the-box new version comes with the larger socket removable chip connectors then this is missing those.

I have an idea of a price, however I feel more comfortable accepting offers from folks who know more about them than I do. I've done some homework and research, so I know about what it should be worth. That being said, like I stated in the beginning I want these items to go to buyers who care about them so I'm going to be fairly flexible. I can easily ship in the US, international is possible but I will have to check on cost. I'm attaching one photo of the device sitting right in front of me now and I can take more specified photos upon request of it running, the components, manuals and discs etc.

I have a great deal of stuff like this. If you're a collector and you're into any of the categories I mentioned in the beginning let me know and I will do my best to share what I have in my inventory that you might like.

Sorry for the long winded listing, and thanks for checking it out!

If I've done anything incorrect with this post, Mods feel free to strike it dead and let me know how I can fix it. I read the rules and tried to follow.

20180617_004221.jpg

Not seen those before, It would probably be better if you posted clear pics of any modules / adapters etc that's included and a guide price of what you are looking for, I had a quick glance at the manual that lutiana posted a link to and it doesn't seem to cater for many chips, Without adapters it's going to be limited, But there may be a collector out there somewhere who's looking for one of those but it's not me.

Good point, thank you.

Attached is a photo of some of the chips that came with it. There is a loose bag of assorted varieties as well as two reels of what would appear to be clear, unused Eproms. In the next photo, the original manual, data cable, software and empty chip reels. I would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 200.00 on this but I'm willing to negotiate. Thanks for the replies! Hope this helps.20180617_134528.jpg20180617_135333.jpg

Device selection is all done in soft/firmware so it doesn't use any modules or adapters unless you plan to use a non-DIP device; by today's standards it is indeed limited but on the other hand it will read and program devices that most modern programmers cannot (2532, 68764, 68766 etc.), often found in the systems from the same period that we're working with here.

That's a pretty early manual (3.1/Sep 84); they were up to at least version 10.3/ Feb 88, and by then it could handle considerably more devices than are listed in the 3.1 manual.

Connect a terminal equivalent to it; it should show the version number.

If you find a program called "burn.com" use that to talk to the programmer.

m

Last edited:
Looking for a B&C 1409C manual or schematic

Looking for a B&C 1409C manual or schematic

Folks,
I am looking for a manual and schematic, latest firmware as well for the 1409C. The only manual on the Internet seems to be for the much older 1409 rev 3.1 version, which is electrically different.

Let me know if you have a manual/schematic as I am looking to modify my 1409C to program a few older EPROMs or read some older ROMs.

Thanks

Device selection is all done in soft/firmware so it doesn't use any modules or adapters unless you plan to use a non-DIP device; by today's standards it is indeed limited but on the other hand it will read and program devices that most modern programmers cannot (2532, 68764, 68766 etc.), often found in the systems from the same period that we're working with here.

That's a pretty early manual (3.1/Sep 84); they were up to at least version 10.3/ Feb 88, and by then it could handle considerably more devices than are listed in the 3.1 manual.

Connect a terminal equivalent to it; it should show the version number.

If you find a program called "burn.com" use that to talk to the programmer.

m

Folks,

I am looking for the manual and latest firmware (10.4?) for the 1409C. I have the V3.1 manual for the 1409 but it is earlier than my firmware and the hardware is different. I want to upgrade and further add some functionality to the programmer but don't want to have to reverse engineer it to figure it out.

Thanks

1409 EPROM Programmer

1409 EPROM Programmer

I designed this gizmo around 1984. Amazed there are still around some.
Sold about $250,000 of them over a few years.

I designed this gizmo around 1984. Amazed there are still around some.
Sold about $250,000 of them over a few years.

You designed the 1409!?
I've got one of those, and I must say, excellent work!
Given to me by a good friend, who was the original owner. Box even has send and return addresses!

My manual says it's verison 8.4. If the seller can't, I might be able to scan it in for tgerbic.
I don't think I'll be able to dump the ROM though. Since, well, the ROM controls my ROM reader.
EDIT: I realized the original poster posted 2 years ago, and hasn't posted since. Scan incoming.

Last edited:
I dumped firmware versions 10.3AB and 10.3AM for the 1409C here:

From 2 1409C units I got, PCB 1409-PL.81 they seem to match the 8.4 schematics on first glance.

Does anyone have newer firmware or software for these?

Mbeffa,
Do you still have any source code to this programmer? I would like to investigate adding a couple of vintage EPROMs to this product.

Thanks

Back