• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bay Area Electronics Flea Market returns for 2023

"Years ago" is starting to be measured in decades, I'm afraid. Remember when the electronics surplus dealers would have parking lot sales? "What electronics surplus dealers?" he says to himself....

They moved DeAnza? Last time I checked, it was in Cupertino. :)

Doh. Yeah, I knew that. (I had kids throwing up in the middle of the night so my brain is even more scrambled than usual.) Although, really, these days it is kind of hard to know which city you’re actually in since they all merged into one continuous gradient.

You knew you were in Monte Vista when you crossed the railroad tracks to get your felafels for lunch.

Vivi's (RIP) was bulldozed and is now a Starbucks.
The barber shop I used next to there for 20 years closed because their rent quadrupled.
I rarely go anywhere near Cupertino now.

Vivi's (RIP) was bulldozed and is now a Starbucks.
The barber shop I used next to there for 20 years closed because their rent quadrupled.
I remember VIvi's--run by an Israeli guy and his wife, I seem to remember. Great felafels--used to occasionally run into the Apple kids there when they were on Bubb Road near the gas station on DeAnza. Back of Bubb were railroad tracks used to service the cannery there. When we had out-of-town visitors, we'd take them to Señor Pepe's in the shopping center. I recall that a dealer's rep from Mexico really had her nose out of joint for that. "What is this stuff? Poor people eat this."

Back