• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Been a while - But here i am

k2x4b524[

Veteran Member
I have been away a while, and am back, catching up
I was forced to get rid of my collection about 3 years ago, and have been going through rough patches here and there
I apologize for not replying to messages and my general disappearance.

I've recently acquired an IBM 5150 64-256kb system, circa 1983
256kb ram
20mb plus card
MDA with printer port

I have some upgrades coming for it and may be hitting up the marketplace for things *if it is around still*
But
I have a question about the Tandon TM100-2a - The PC came with 2
One works famously
The second has a seized stepper, i can get it to move, but don't know if i can re-lubricate it or not. I tried lubing the rails, but all that did was nothing. I have a third drive, a magnetic peripherals that didn't have any lube in the channel left. Freed it and applied white lithium, works like a charm now.
I'd really, really like to get the second tandon living again, but have no know-how about the stepper motors.

Also - Looking for an ample supply of floppy disks..

Thank you for the link. I tinkered with it a bit more, apparently i lucked out with it. Moving the heads hack and forth on the rail got enough of the white lithium lube between the plastic bits and it sprang to life. I may do it to the other Tandon, as it is loud as hell. The one with the lube, you can't even hear the motor move, you have to watch the wires to know its working. Will WD40 them both too.

Again thank you

Back