• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Beige/gray/white full atx case

markyb86

Looking for a (used is fine, preferred actually) ATX case that can fit a full size ATX motherboard.
Beige/light gray or white, yellowed is fine too.
Show me a picture and name your price shipped. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.

edit: can be a OEM case, dell, HP, compaq, ibm, doesn't matter if it fits the bill.

Looking for a (used is fine, preferred actually) ATX case that can fit a full size ATX motherboard.
Beige/light gray or white, yellowed is fine too.
Show me a picture and name your price shipped. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.

edit: can be a OEM case, dell, HP, compaq, ibm, doesn't matter if it fits the bill.

ATX case is not a vintage item. Your post is in the wrong area. If you are in the the Cleveland area, you have access to many computer retail outlets, including a Micro Center. It certainly would be a lot cheaper than dealing with shipping costs, possible damage, and more importantly, not knowing exactly what you are getting.

Microcenter's case selection has always been overpriced, they rarely carry anything sensible (mostly gamer crap), and everything is in Cheap Chinese Black. Probably loaded up with blue LEDs because drooling retards like them.

I'm honestly regretting turning down down the opportunity to get some particular ~Pentium 4 era machines someone was discarding now because in retrospect, these particular ones had nice beige probably standard ATX cases.

Microcenter's case selection has always been overpriced, they rarely carry anything sensible (mostly gamer crap), and everything is in Cheap Chinese Black.

Aw, there're not that bad. Might depend on your particular store. I've always had fairly good luck at the Micro Center, but I'm not shopping there every day either. Anyway, I though it was kind of silly to out on forum looking for an ATX case, and then pay shipping and what all, when you have so many options in a metro area.

Last edited:
ATX was introduced in 1995, which is old enough to be included in this forum. :)

The "spec" was released in 1995, if you are referring to the Wiki. When people ask for an ATX case, I'm assuming they want a box for a 'today' motherboard, etc. A Pentium 1 is a stretch for 'vintage' in my opinion, albeit not worth much. So, if you want to take me to court on that point, you'll probably win.

Last edited:
You see, the problem is, I have a MicroCenter case. I don't like it, was the most reasonable price that did not feel flimsy at the time. But everything is black or hella glossy white, blue LED's etc. I don't want anything new, I'm actually looking for something older like a p1/p2 case. My bad for making it sound like I'm incompetent and never shopped at a damn computer store. Trust me, nothing at microcenter, newegg, tigerdirect, etc. is what I'm looking for.
And then there is ebay selling a handful of these machines that are still intact for over $100.
You can lock and delete this thread if it's really that offensive, but I thought it was pretty close to on topic.

You did say an OEM case would be OK, but many of those had custom cutouts for a specific motherboard?

P.S. One way I've found the sort of cases you're after, is to hunt eBay for desktop, but put a very low maximum price. That way, you see all the 'worthless' PCs for sale, which are often the sort of bulky beige boxes you speak of :)

Try craigslist and compute ewaste recyclers in your area (there are a few and they advertise for machines), they should have some they need to get rid of if you don't mind local pickup. Ewaste people hate having to haul old steel cases to get recycled (newer ones are flimsy aluminum).

Ebay listings with local pickup in your area should have cheap beige era machines.

Thanks for the help everyone.

GottaLottaStuff: That's basically exactly what I am looking for. Do you know what you would want for that? and/or how much it would cost to ship to 44146?

also we can mark this thread solved or what not. I have another offer in my email too.

Back