• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Bell 103 Dataset

NeXT

Veteran Member
Shows you what happens when a relatively common (for the day) item was never offered for sale, only lease. I haven't seen many 208 Datasets for sale, either.

It seems like most things Western Electric from what I've seen and experienced go for large amounts of money. Back in 1999 I was given a new old stock set of Western Electric 300B triodes along with a bunch of other Western Electric items. I put them on eBay and was shocked when someone in Japan bid $600 for each triode. The other Western Electric items I was given went for huge amounts too. Now I'm always on the lookout for Western Electric equipment.

The dataset sold for $635USD and the auxiliary set sold for $510.00.

While ebay really obfuscates the buyers now you can see one went to someone who is into telephones and the other has in interest in tape and audio equipment.

Back