• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

BIOS ROM image for GSI 1535 floppy controller.

Chuck(G)

25k Member
This one can perform as a secondary controller with up to 3 (or 4) drives, including 2.88M ones.

The board is simplicity itself--an Intel 82077SL FDC, a couple of PALs for address decoding, a 74LS245 buffer and a 28C64 EEPROM. The last is interesting because it's also used to store configuration information.

Someone might find this useful.

Attachments

• gsi1535.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi, do you still have this card? If so would you be so kind as to take a picture of the front and back? I have an idea, and can't find any information about this card anywhere.

Well, I located my GSI 1535 controller--the BIOS ROM is a surface-mounted PLCC 28C64 EEPROM. So I'll have to stick it into a system and grab the ROM contents with DEBUG. The weather is supposed to be terrible tomorrow; maybe I'll have time to do it then.

...aaand then I found that I've already done it. Look at the link from MZD:

Last edited:
Well, I located my GSI 1535 controller--the BIOS ROM is a surface-mounted PLCC 28C64 EEPROM. So I'll have to stick it into a system and grab the ROM contents with DEBUG. The weather is supposed to be terrible tomorrow; maybe I'll have time to do it then.

...aaand then I found that I've already done it. Look at the link from MZD:

I have the ROM image. I was asking for photos of the board, but that's no longer needed. Knowing what I now know, It probably wouldn't have helped me anyway. I instead got a motherboard that supports MR BIOS which directly supports 4 floppy drives (with a a basic controller board) and it's oh so nice.

Back