• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bondwell 16

LS120

Experienced Member
hi guys i have a bondwell 14 and 16 im repairing.. the 16 is mostly done but the hdd has errors loading cpm3.

i have a set of good bondwell cpm-3.02 disks but no documentation how to re-install it to the hdd.. any help or even a pdf of the manual would be great.. thanks..

the BW-14 is still a little ways away form being ready.. as when o opened it i found it had been in water and alot of screws/bolts were rusted and had to be drilled out..

so also any info on board etc would be a help.. these bondwells seem to be rather hard to get info on.. even on the net..

have had some help with info from a fellow member on here.. thank you... also just want to pass this by you guys...

so been offered 2 x kaypro-10 2x Osborn-1, 2 x compaq lugables 1 for parts, 1 x kaypro-4 plus a box of 5.25" disks for all diff systems ( 10 x boxs of 10 disks) for $500.. good price ?..

what you think?

well its been a bit of hard work but have got the Bondwell booting from ffd with the cpm 3.02 disk1 but i dont know how to setup the hdd on it . when i tellit to boot from hdd it says cpm.sys not found.

also the cpm 3.0 on hdd seems to be 1982 and the fdd is 1984.. anyone have any ideas or help?

thanks

Attachments

• fdd-boot2.jpg
    fdd-boot2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
  • fdd-boot4.jpg
    fdd-boot4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 6
all good guys found someone local that has a BW-16 thats not working but has all the disk's ... making img of disk now.. using Dave Dun's tool's

I recently got a Bondwell 14. It came with a bootable disk that identifies itself as CP/M 3.0b and has a 55K TPA. I downloaded the images from www.retroarchive.org. That one identifies itself as CP/M 3.0 and has a 54K TPA.

Looking at the images I can see filenames that look like source but they were erased and overwritten.

I'd like to get copies of the images you've made of your disks if you don't mind.

Also does anyone know if the source code for the BIOS was ever released?

Does anyone know if these or other Bondwell 16 disk images ever got saved anywhere? I've recently bought a Bondwell 16 that is dead and am looking for any resources ( Schematics / Disks images etc ) to assist.

I note LS120 mentioned he was making an image, but I don't think he's been around for 2 years - :( Hoping he might have uploaded these somewhere?

Back