• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 First Ship NIB

I was going to suggest a little more 'constructive' in that criticism wouldn't hurt, but then I looked at the auction.

Please confirm that $3999 is a typo ... that is absurd for a buy it now price. Unknown K is absolutely right.

Haha, thanks for your "constructive" criticism. It's honestly more of an experiment than anything else. There is no reserve, so we'll see where it ends up. The BIN price was simply to adjust perceived value versus the cost at the end of the auction. I don't ever expect anyone to actually pay it (and yes, I've seen this strategy used in several other auctions... so I'm not completely nutters).

Since we're on the topic of value (and you might be old Borland fans), what would you think a First Ship sealed copy of Delphi 1.0 would go for? IMO it's quite a bit cooler than Turbo C++ 4.5 :)

Thanks.

The brand new TurboC++ 4.5 First Ship package did not receive a single bid, starting at $99. Too bad. Currently there is another auction for a similar unopened TurboC++ 4.5 package at BIN $49.99 which however does not have the First Ship marking.

On regard how much Borland Delphi 1.0 would fetch; someone is selling an opened but never installed Delphi 2.01 that includes 1.0 for Windows 3.1. BIN at $49, two days to go. Perhaps these vintage programming language packages are not quite as sought after like one might expect.

I purchased a NIB Shrinkwrapped Microsoft VisualBasic 3.0 Pro for under $10 I think on ebay this year.

The software I want to get my hands on Borland C++ 3.1 with application framework is like $150 BIN which is too much for me at the moment (and pricey to ship too).

Some people pay extra for NIB, I just want it to be complete since I am going to open it anyway.

Back