• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bringing an old friend back to life - Apple IIc

@RandomDesign please keep posting updates about your IIc!! 🙏 I'll certainly come back to read about it!:)

@VERAULT awesome results on that filthy IIc. Have you posted something about your retrobrighting "studio" setup?:) For the time being, I'm satisfied with a good cleanup while progressing with the RAM upgrade and fixing the floppy, but these are subjects for their own topics!;)

Cheers

Thank you sir! i use extra large rubbermaid plastic storage bins with dual 80w UV LED lamps. Nothing to difficult or fancy but continually gets the job done. I started off with dual 50w lamps buy they were failureprone. I have learned doing it in a warm room will hasten results.

I started out watching videos from the 8 bit guy and plenty others and tried the sun.. but you end up with really marbled results. With the progression everyone went to uv led lamps.. then it seems everyone moved to sumbersion( which i have tried as well) uv lamps work the best with very little formulat (retrobright solution) so i find it easy, consistant, and cost effective.

And for the re ord a "good cleanup" can work wonders so good on you for that.

Back