• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Brother M1009 / M1109 User Guide

Merlin

Experienced Member
Can anyone oblige me with a link to a pdf copy of the User Guide for the Brother M-1009 printer, or even the M-1109?

Edit: Managed to find it eventually.

Thanks

Merlin

Last edited:
Brother 1009 User Guide

Brother 1009 User Guide

Hi,

I see that you eventually found a Brother 1009 printer manual/user guide.
I have the same problem, but can't find it. Can you let me know where you found it.
I particularly want to know about dip switch settings. Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Peter England

that’s « maybe « ( scam site ?) a printer manual in German for 35$
I payed my printer less than that :(

So if anyone here has saved that file with the m1109 pdf please let me know or attach it here for future generations
@Merlin ?
Thanks

I asked Brother's support, about a manual for a '85 printer :)
They must be wondering what to do with my request :)
WHo knows they might surprise me. If so i'll share with the community.

If not my quest continues

I had one of these in the early-mid eighties. If you are insanely lucky I might still have the manual. I will look tonight. I did find a UK site which appears to be offering an original paper manual but it is unfortunately still behind a paywall and quite expensive even if it is real.

I love it it's super cute, it's also quiet. It has this nice "vintage" 9 pins print that we love.
To show off to new generations what a dot matrix printer is, it's perfect.

However there are 2 blocks of 10 positions DIP switches, and I guess I have to use those to use the serial printing. I found doc about the 1009, but this one has 8 positions DIP (not 10 like mine) so yeah... Some of the switches are similar but some just don't do at al what the 1009 does<.

I'd like to make it work in serial so that I can print out of my older PCs (pre-centronics).

Seems to be the same printer mechanics (heads/ribbon) as a commodore mps 803, or a brother DM5. The dip switches however are unique to this model.

Last edited:
I asked Brother's support, about a manual for a '85 printer :)
They must be wondering what to do with my request :)
WHo knows they might surprise me. If so i'll share with the community.

If not my quest continues
That's the way. You will never know if you don't ask.

Sorry Old Man, I did look just as I promised I would but it is not where it would be if I still had it.

I can't remember what happened to the printer but maybe I sold it on (along with the manual) because my next printer was a Panasonic KX-P1081.

Nope, brother support wasn't able to find me anything
and on the internet, only dead ends (or scam sites)

So if anyone has the manual of a M1109, please chime in :)

Back