• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Building a new Pentium 60 rig.

RWallmow

Veteran Member
I've had a ZEOS Pentium 60 board lying around in my hoard for decades now, finally getting around to building a system with it, picked up a nice period-correct full tower AT case and started in on the build. I still need to get a power supply figured out (going with modern AT supply and going to fab a mount plate for the case).

So far I've got a CF>IDE adapter (2GB Sandisk card), Adaptec 2930 SCSI card, Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 (CT1600), SMC NE2000 NIC (with XTIDE BIOS ROM), and for now a cheap ISA VGA card for testing, I will get a proper era-correct PCI video card, probably a 14.4 or 28.8 modem, and maybe some other toys ;-)

IMG_1567.jpg

Nice, looks good so far. Wile a tick new for the system I away like the s3 virge.
I like the SB pro too, that's a rather nice card for dos gaming.

Yeah, I was kind of eyeing a Diamond Stealth with a S3 ViRGE chipset, it's certainly a contender.

I've also got this Diamond card with a Trident chipset, but sadly it's missing its BIOS (had an uncovered EPROM window and the chip got corrupted, reads back as just random garbage in my programmer). I would love to use this too, since I have it, but sadly I can't find the BIOS for it anywhere.
IMG_0785.jpg

Trident's are not the best cards, still it sucks that its not working.
The ATI mach64 is another good card. But they can be kind of costly.

Back