• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

can anyone recommend a good web hoster?

alexkerhead said:
Gotta love dat cable ^_^

I dunno, I have the slowest cable ever...384Kb/s down & 256 upstream. I could upgrade for ~$10.00/month, but screw 'em! The cable company is already raping me for ~$70.00/m, I ain't about to bend over for 'em again!

--T

atari2600a said:
So you're saying you get 1MB down?

Sorry I screwed up the b's..
berlusca.gif

Now I just did a Speakeasy speed test and was slightly shocked so I did it another four times.. It came out to 2696 KB/s down and 89 KB/s up! I need to go out there and download something big!!!
muhaha.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak

Heh! When I need to d/l an ISO image, or similar, I start the download just before I go to bed, and (if I'm lucky) it *might* be done by the time I wake up in daMornin'...

--T

"That connection's slow? You should really condisder using Bit Torrent."

I used it to download some ISOs a while back. Doesn't this thing open you up to all sorts of security risks? (wasn't my puter tee hee) I guess I should find out something more about it. And does that guy still post a picture of himself and his stoopit kid, looking for handouts LOL LOL LOL.

I was just being dopey. I forget his name. The page that loaded once I guess I activated Bittorrent showed him with a teeny weeny baby, stating he works full time maintaining it. Hey maybe I should maintain something full time and get checks in the mail. I maintain more then a few cats. Is that a worthwhile enough cause?

80sFreak said:
Sorry I screwed up the b's..
berlusca.gif

Now I just did a Speakeasy speed test and was slightly shocked so I did it another four times.. It came out to 2696 KB/s down and 89 KB/s up! I need to go out there and download something big!!!
muhaha.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak
KB is Kilobyte, Kb is kilobit.
They rate it in kilobit, nobody here will see 2.5Megabytes/sec.
A 2.5 Megabit connection is what you have, which is about 325Kilobytes/sec.

I gotta call my internet company, my speeds are way lower than they are supposed to be. I swear if they screwed my plan up I am gonna slap them.
I pay for 5Mb down and 768Kb up.
Look at this crock of crap.
Although I uploaded this 72KB file in half a second...hummm, maybe the atlanta server is messed up.

Attachments

• wtf_internet_slow.jpg
    wtf_internet_slow.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
Chris2005 said:
I was just being dopey. I forget his name. The page that loaded once I guess I activated Bittorrent showed him with a teeny weeny baby, stating he works full time maintaining it. Hey maybe I should maintain something full time and get checks in the mail. I maintain more then a few cats. Is that a worthwhile enough cause?

I dunno, do my mutts count as dependants (all my kidz are grown now)? I won't tell da IRS if you don't...

--T

The citation that I recently received from daCounty stated that if I 'own or harbor' a dog, I was up for a $30.00 licesce fee. IOW, if I feel a sense of compassion enough to feed some stray who comes wandering by, then I am considered that cur's owner, and liable for licencing him, upon threat of finez and/or imprisonment. Better to watch da neighborhood stray starve to death, rather than to risk 90 dayz in jail just for feedin' 'im.
(I'm sure da katz lawz are similar, so be careful whose kat you're feedin').

--T

alexkerhead said:
KB is Kilobyte, Kb is kilobit.
They rate it in kilobit, nobody here will see 2.5Megabytes/sec.
A 2.5 Megabit connection is what you have, which is about 325Kilobytes/sec.

Sorry... I was writing down what they had in the brackets.. "()".. Here is the screen cap:

Cheers,

80sFreak

Attachments

• results.JPG
    results.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
Back