• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Category for Agon Light?

Reinhard Schu

Hi, I am looking for a place for fans and users of The ByteAttic's Agon Light to discuss this project and share information.

I was wondering if it might be possible to add a dedicated Forum for this machine under the "Genre" section.

Cheers
Reinhard

I think you will get the same answer as everyone else who want a dedicated forum: prove that the necessary interest / traffic exist first (use the "Other" forum for that). If you and other fellow Agon Light users manage to create enough posts and keep it sustainable, you might get your wishes granted. YMMV.

Not speaking for any of the admins her; I'm just a user.

As far as I can tell the only 'forum' Agon Light is using is FB and since I am not using FB...

I am fiddling here with a sort of 'Agon Ultralight': VGA32 (with ESP32) miniboard which handles all the work: emulating a Z80 (I could do 6502) and generating VGA signal, sound, SD card storage etc. My base is a Z80 emulator, BBC basic 2.2 for Z80 and the FabGL library which handles the converted VDU calls. So far I manage to get a speed of approx double that of the original BBC Micro in the benchmarks and graphic wise it does much better since the drawing and plotting functions are handled by C code in FabGL directly on the ESP32.
I am trying to make it as 'Agon Light compatible' as possible.

Back