• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cbm 2001 Pet strange boot

Nivag, I suspect you may also have a bug in your own code for displaying the hexadecimal letters A through F?
? I assumed it was a funny character only due to the floating GRAPHIC line which was due to the VIA? Bugs are likely though.. I haven't written 6502 assembly since 1980 😂

OK... prepare yourself for Configuration ERIC...

Get labels and stick E7 on chip E7, E8 on E8. And now swap E7 to be in socket E8 and E8 to be in Socket E7. Otherwise don't change anything!

Post a photo... of your lovely stickers on the chips on the board and the resulting screen

When changing chips be super careful not to bend legs when re-inserting them, make sure all are nicely back in their sockets. It is very easy to introduce extra issues due to deperation!

Last edited:
>>> I assumed it was a funny character only due to the floating GRAPHIC line which was due to the VIA.

Yep.

I like your thinking in post #503...

Dave

ERIC configuration:

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 17.04.11.jpg
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 17.04.11.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 17.04.22.jpg
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 17.04.22.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 7
To save you desoldering two ICs - should he desolder E9 first, install a socket and try a replacement buffer (after labelling the original as E9 first)?

Dave

Not...solded on board too
OK. So the suspicion is that E9 may be an issue (although there may be contention from I10). You should socket E9 at least. Feel free to destroy the existing chip if it makes desoldering easier... i.e. snip legs and then desolder one at a time.

Get it socketed and a new 74LS244 into E9 and then report back.

We can call that new configuration Configuration GERONIMO

Im Desperate!! this is GERONOMO config but i have always bad screen :(

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 18.34.05.jpg
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 18.34.05.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4
What do you mean, “you always have a bad screen”. It’s working!

Although I suspect there may be a bug in Nivag’s code...

Compare what you have now with Nivag’s post back in #495.

Dave

What do you mean, “you always have a bad screen”. It’s working!

Although I suspect there may be a bug in Nivag’s code...

Compare what you have now with Nivag’s post back in #495.

Dave
it is true! I had not seen that now the numbers indicate 59!
Super!!

You have to stop, look and think before getting despondent and posting that you are desperate!

Now, let’s go for broke (configuration HOTEL) by removing Nivag’s magic ROM from UD9 and inserting Nivag’s version of the PETTESTER ROM (the one we used in configuration CHARLIE back in post #447) into UD9 and posting a picture.

Hopefully, now, it will pass the video RAM test!

We still have some chips removed (and a couple swapped over) - but that’s OK for now - since we know what we have done because we have it documented!

Dave

ok this is HOTEL config:

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 19.15.16.jpg
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 19.15.16.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
Anyway... concerning Configuration HOTEL. Please take a photo of all the ROM slots.... I would like to see what we have!

Also. please confirm this is 000039DB ROM ( actually I see DD67... and UD9.bin shows F=DD67 )

Let the count go to zero.... and see what happens...

Back