• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CBM 8050 DUAL DRIVE NOT WORKING

Wow! Works perfectly ;)
Thanks so much Daver and thanks so much to others for help!
So in this 8050 dual drive i changed two 2114 ic rams and one 6522 on Cbm Pet...
In the last, i tryied some different floppy disk to found a good one!

Daver, now can i switch on Vectrex :(

When you want, write me pm ( wine is waiting for you )!

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-02-26 alle 14.46.18.jpg
    Schermata 2022-02-26 alle 14.46.18.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 6
>>> Don't be desperate. daver2 can help you fix any problem.

I think you are being somewhat optimistic Dave :)!

Nice to see millipede again after so many years!

Nice going!

Yep, turn the Vectrex on...

I have to go out now and buy a new computer for my wife... For some reason she didn't see the funny side of using Microsoft WORD on the PDP-8/E :)...

Dave

Daver, sorry can i have one more little help please?
I receveid 8296-d pcb from my friend (he repaired some track), now seems to works correctly but some keyboard s' keys they don't match with
that i can see on screen. Letters and numbers are ok but if i press some symbols or some keys (inst del or crsr) don't match!
What can i do??

No great ideas from me yet but I'm watching this thread very closely as I have just picked up an 8050 (and a working 8032) with seemingly with the same current problem - drive powers up, passes internal self test but does not carry our commands from the PET. Status light seems to flicker with command comms but goes into a red fail state for each command. The drive heads don't seem to be moving on mine.
Need to get my other 8050 (was working) from storage to compare the two - and probably swap parts to narrow the problem down on this 'new' one.

Won't distract from this current investigation unless I have a light bulb moment for you....please carry on !
Good to see this resolved
In the case of my 8050 problem - it turned out to be the pair of MC3446 bus transceivers responsible for the IEEE interface

Back