• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cbm 8050 dual drive

Desperado

Veteran Member
Hi guys,
how are you? I have a big problem...I hope that someone can help me.. :(
I buyied a 8050 Cbm dual drive...it seems to works fine and i have the central led green.. I have some old floppy disks but when i insert one, i can hear a noise and on pet's screen
in can read only "bad disk". Sometimes "bad disk" message It does not appear but nothing happens....disk continues to spin but the head seems to stay still.
any suggestions are appreciated please...thanks so much!

First: what commands are you giving? Did at least try to format the disk?

Second: what disks are you using? You should use QD or DD 96 or 100 TPI. "Normal" 360 KB floppies used by XTs can work but not always. Do NOT use HD floppies meant for the 1.2 MB floppy drive, they won't work.

Hello again Ilpaninaro.

When you say "works fine" do you mean it powers up and the green light comes on only?

This is an indication that the power supply works and the the internal 6502 has passed the Power On Self Tests (POST). It doesn't actually mean that the drive "works"...

Ruud's questions are the place to start.

Dave

Hello again Ilpaninaro.

When you say "works fine" do you mean it powers up and the green light comes on only?

This is an indication that the power supply works and the the internal 6502 has passed the Power On Self Tests (POST). It doesn't actually mean that the drive "works"...

Ruud's questions are the place to start.

Dave

Hi Daver2 how are you??
Yes green light comes on when i power up!
I tryied to format many disks with:
HEADER"NAMEDISK",d0,i01
but i have bad disk error....
I used old dd or 2d 5.25" floppy disk for commodore 64...
Thanks!

Hi guys, problem solved thanks!
My floppy disks was bad....so now drive works fine, thanks so much ;)

Back