• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CC-40 on fleabay

curtis

Veteran Member
There's a pre-production TI CC-40 listed on ebay right now and I was wondering if anyone here is bidding on it before I jump into the fray.

If there is, let me know and I'll back off.

Very cool but I'd just suggest bidding on it anyway. I think about the same (used to be cooler when you could see the person bidding) and hoping I didn't step on anyones toes but at the same time it'd suck if someone else goes and bids on it because you pointed it out.

Neat though and I'll stand aside. You could certainly post if it goes above what you're willing to pay though.

Hexbus RS232 Interface

Hexbus RS232 Interface

Has anyone got a copy of the schematic for the board inside the hexbus RS232 interface? I would like to build one. It can't be that complicated. Designing my own is on my project list - the whole thing could be done nicely with an 8051.

Lou

I just checked my collection and WHTech. I have the manual and it is also up there as a scan, but I don't have the schematics.

Oooo, preproduction even! I wouldn't know a hexbus or a rambus if it bit me. I see Curtis hasn't bid yet.

BTW asked the guy what he mean by pre-production and he said it was basically a QC run to ensure everything was good for production. There MAY be a few internal changes, but most likely nothing major or critical.

Oooo, preproduction even! I wouldn't know a hexbus or a rambus if it bit me. I see Curtis hasn't bid yet.

The RS-232 itself isn't difficult. What's difficult is the GAL's on the front part of the circuit to interface between the RS-232 and the hexbus. Michael Becker of Germany was quite adept at this sort of thing, to the point of he re-created a floppy drive and a video interface for a while. But he got bored with it and dropped further developments for the hexbus.

Has anyone got a copy of the schematic for the board inside the hexbus RS232 interface? I would like to build one. It can't be that complicated. Designing my own is on my project list - the whole thing could be done nicely with an 8051.

Lou

I was actually curious how one would tell that it's pre-production. The color of the tape drive?? (Curtis, I saw your collection sample I figure you'd know lol).

For the peripherals, actually, yes! Early production and pre-production peripherals were silver and (I believe) black buttons. Later production runs were unpainted plastic and the dual tone putty color with purple buttons. For the computers, I'm not sure, unless they're marked engineering sample, like my CC-40+. I'll have to let you know!

I was actually curious how one would tell that it's pre-production. The color of the tape drive?? (Curtis, I saw your collection sample I figure you'd know lol).

Got it!

Actually didn't pay much over what a regular CC-40 goes for.

Now to see what the differences are. :biggrin:

Back