• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CC-40 RS-232 Interface Question

mutantcamel

Experienced Member
Would you only need a RS-232 if you wanted to use a modem with the CC-40 and another machine? Would it have to be a CC-40 or could it "talk" to a TI99 machine too?

If you wanted to use a Printer/Plotter & WaferTape Drive with a CC-40, would you also need a RS-232?

I've often seen pictures of the 3 stacked on top of each other and wanted to know the purpose of the 232 unit.

Finally can you simply use an Hexbus cable to connect 2 CC-40's up and transfer data between them???

You need the RS-232 only if you're not using the hexbus modem or connecting another serial device to the CC-40. Some early printers were serial and not parallel.

Hexbus modem, printer/plotter and wafertape are hexbus. They just connect into the chain.

YOU GOT A WAFERTAPE????? LUcky so and so!

CC40 to CC-40 from what I've always heard is rather dicey at best.

Curtis

Would you only need a RS-232 if you wanted to use a modem with the CC-40 and another machine? Would it have to be a CC-40 or could it "talk" to a TI99 machine too?

If you wanted to use a Printer/Plotter & WaferTape Drive with a CC-40, would you also need a RS-232?

I've often seen pictures of the 3 stacked on top of each other and wanted to know the purpose of the 232 unit.

Finally can you simply use an Hexbus cable to connect 2 CC-40's up and transfer data between them???

Back