• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CH375 USB adaptor under MS-DOS 6.xx

mluti

I finally got my adapters from China and I did find and load CH375DOS.SYS driver.
I unpack them and do visual inspection, and when I look carefully, it is not use any IRQ on ISA bus.
Strange...

So, since I have a few boards, on one board I add IRQ wire with inverter from CH375 pin 1 (INT#) to B21 ISA bus.
Another board I decide to switch from ATMEL16V8 chip used for decoding to the 74LS138 and use a same IRQ rewiring.

So I formatted one of my old 256MB USB stick to FAT16 format.
Line from CONFIG.SYS looks like this:
DEVICE=C:\CH375DOS.SYS @260 #07
and it pass through initialization of the driver says:
CH375 : disk not found
which according to manual Ok, when USB stick is not connected and it is same with USB stick connected.

When I remove "#07" from parameter, and substitute with "#0" (automatic assign), message says:
CH375 : I/O data error and if IRQ wire is not connected on a board CH375 : interrupt timeout

So analyzing this, I come to following conclusion:
- IRQ wire connection is important, MSDOS CH375 driver would not recognize the board without;
- Driver need to initialized with IRQ parameter.

I do not understand what I am doing wrong.

If some one already pass via this troubles, please help me.

The Best,
MLUTI

So, today try to back the original board, without IRQ7 wire, and used a following line in CONFIG.SYS:
DEVICE=C:\CH375DOS.SYS @260 #0
Initialization - disc not found with and without USB stick.

Hookup scope to Data, Adr, IOR and INT - seems to me, when in DOS change drive to USB (E:), there is a few (about 2 bytes) readings from USB via controller, and all stops - DOS could not read disc.

I try a few formats, but using FAT16, 256MB USB 2.0 stick.

Any advises?

Thank you,
MLUTI

P.S. Read another posts on Cypress SL811HST - any one know where an ISA adapter with this chip would be available? Seems to me a great SLIM solution for USB. - The Best !

Thank you for pointing, I forgot to explain this in details.
IRQ5 is taken in my setup and used by serial port.

I used wired IRQ7 after I disable parallel port in BIOS. But lately I found CH375DOS driver is not required a wired IRQ and do initialization with #0 parameter without problem.

Any advise on specificity of FAT16 USB stick format? I found there is a lot of variations for the formats for FAT16.

Cimonvg,
Purchasing was a trial-and-fail efforts...
You basically contact a middle man in China who would ship it for you.
No software, just boards.

I still trying figure out how to run

Back