• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cheap older style uAtx cases

I use those cases for a lot of my projects. They typically list for around $39 but now and then Newegg will bump the price down to $19. I snapped up 4 of them just a few days ago. They are surprisingly well built for the price. I usually install Monotech NuXT and ATX socket 7 motherboards in them for retro builds.

Another case to watch is this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-R...LED-Li/301380743190?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Newegg bumps this one down to $24 now and then.

I snaggeda Raidmax case 2+ years ago for precisely 12.09$ after the rebate. It's lite, it's a full mid atx tower. And best of all it's black. Actually best of all it was dirt cheap. Now I'm spoiled. 19$ is a lot and I'm feeling the pain. But I did get 1. I actually despise sub atx anything, but a lot of my bargain boards are of that form factor.

I snaggeda Raidmax case 2+ years ago for precisely 12.09$ after the rebate. It's lite, it's a full mid atx tower. And best of all it's black. Actually best of all it was dirt cheap. Now I'm spoiled. 19$ is a lot and I'm feeling the pain. But I did get 1. I actually despise sub atx anything, but a lot of my bargain boards are of that form factor.

I've got this new Asus Crosshair VI mobo sitting in its box and I'm thinking of building a nice unit for some granny or her grandson and put it on Craigs List here in the metro area. I've got enough stuff laying around including a 500GB M.2. Have to think about the video - maybe a 1080. Just what I need - another project.

you're going to put it in that? Is it a uAtx board?

I think it'll fit but if not I got some boards will. The depth is okay at 9.6" but there may be a problem with the width.

Last edited:
you're more then welcome to my address. Any surplus parts can be sent overnight. Or you could load up the camaro and drop them off. It wouldn't take much more then, what, an hour and a half in that rocket? I remember when Terry Yaeger was alive he offered me a literal truck load of old puters, along with the truck! I just had to get out there. I chickened out. To think you could have picked me up.

I've got this new Asus Crosshair VI mobo sitting in its box and I'm thinking of building a nice unit for some granny or her grandson and put it on Craigs List here in the metro area. I've got enough stuff laying around including a 500GB M.2. Have to think about the video - maybe a 1080. Just what I need - another project.

Newegg dumps stuff on ebay that would take larger boards pretty cheap.

Every time I buy a case as a spare I end up putting a computer in it.

That's the hazard. I posted as that case seems to fill an immediate need. But ... the Asus Easentio micro tower doesn't allow me to secure the P4 era p/s. None of the screw holes align. I may have the same issue with the Rosewill. The Foxconn Mobo only has USB 1.1 iinm. I am gratified the Mobo seems to work well though. I installed RHEL 3 AS with no issues ... except not having enough ram for it to boot!! I'll find a way to get all this crap running on modern h/w. Just want it running for now.

Every time I buy a case as a spare I end up putting a computer in it.

LOL, yep this. I purchased four of these cases last week. They have arrived. Already have four motherboards as candidates for the cases.

Well mine came Friday. Whichever idiot preassembled it crushed the front fan connector underneath the fan. My io plate doesn't fit the Mobo properly (not case's fault). And as I suspected the p/s is impossible to secure, again not a problem with the case but on account of it being a very old design I guess. Power switch is very responsive though. Mobo would usually take several hits to start up.

Mine also came yesterday and is still in the box. Might get around to later on tonight

Back