• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cheap older style uAtx cases

The FBM-01 is a dreadful case. Cheap and it looks the part. Fit and finish is a mere suggestion. You are lucky if it arrived with the front cover pegs intact as they snap right off if you look at them wrong.

Now he tells us. I don't hate mine. I just wish I wasn't required to perform some sort of surgical procedure to get my front fan whizzing. This is my 2nd Rosewill case and although the gungnir x is rather posh and beautiful, the thumb screws that secure the side panel are a pain in the pants. It's like Ford's. They kind of sort of run ok but behind the scenes there's something wrong going on. Maybe friends shouldn't let friends run rosewills.

I unpacked mine just to see if it was intact and it's okay. El Cheapo but I've seen cheaper. Good little box for a server setup or for Aunt Tilly to go browsing on. All boxed up now and out to the loft it goes.

I prefer used cases with good construction then bottom of the barrel new cases.

The shift to LED made gamers dump their older expensive cases cheap over the years.

I prefer used cases with good construction then bottom of the barrel new cases.

The shift to LED made gamers dump their older expensive cases cheap over the years.

LED's on a motherboard is something I never really understood. Do you really care what's going on inside the box and need a light show? My case sits with the window about 6 inches from the wall and all you see is a reflection more or less. I suppose one could make an argument for dressing up the engine on your car.

I actually like some of the newer tempered glass cases. Putting an lcd in that area is just crazy though.

People want everything made of high tensile steel and cast iron and titanium alloys (able to withstand such and such mortar hits, etc.). I got that Riadmax case a while ago for 12.09$. I couldn't be happier. It's lite as a feather. Is the motherboard going to mind that it's surrounded by glorified tin foil? I doubt it. And it's much easier to pick up and shuttle around. All of you'd need to pop a hernia or two. Then you'll appreciate puter cases, the thickness of which is measured in microns.

I unpacked mine just to see if it was intact and it's okay. El Cheapo but I've seen cheaper. Good little box for a server setup or for Aunt Tilly to go browsing on. All boxed up now and out to the loft it goes.

I hope you realize you're contributing to Aunt Tilly's moral decline
She's only interested in studying male anatomy online. She's a naughty old bitty.

The FBM-01 is a dreadful case. Cheap and it looks the part. Fit and finish is a mere suggestion. You are lucky if it arrived with the front cover pegs intact as they snap right off if you look at them wrong.

I've ordered a total of 8 of them over the past 12 months. Not a single one with issues. Yes, they are cheap, but hey, $19, you get what you pay for. You put your computer together and set it somewhere the cat won't knock it over. If your cases arrive damaged then return them. Let the company you bought them from *and* the delivery company know your items are being damaged in shipping.

I hope you realize you're contributing to Aunt Tilly's moral decline
She's only interested in studying male anatomy online. She's a naughty old bitty.
Well then ship the bitty a kitty (pun intended) or two and she might regain some sense of responsibility

Back