• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cheapo IDE interface problems

Can't see much difference save that your setup is using a 5v/12v supply. Mine's very similar but I am using the USB plug for power. Even with an iPad adapter (more than 1A) it refuses to work.

I see you are supplying 12v and 5v to the card adapter, could that be it? I thought it only needed the 5v supply. I just tried with a PC power supply but it is still not working.

Don't forget, I am still getting 80 on the register check.

12v goes nowhere on the board. I was just too lazy to remove the wire.

Matt

I have some news.

Today I received a FreHD from Ian of trs80.com which is the "European travelling FreHD". It's a great way to try before you buy. Anyway, Ian suggested this so I could test the TRS-80's expansion port, but before I plugged It in I thought I'd try the cable with my Cheapo IDE.

Success! Looks like my own 50 way SCSI cable is borked, and that was the trouble all along. Big thank you to Ian for arranging this. I'll certainly be testing it against the Cheapo Interface. Anyone interested in a report?

I have some news.

Today I received a FreHD from Ian of trs80.com which is the "European travelling FreHD". It's a great way to try before you buy. Anyway, Ian suggested this so I could test the TRS-80's expansion port, but before I plugged It in I thought I'd try the cable with my Cheapo IDE.

Success! Looks like my own 50 way SCSI cable is borked, and that was the trouble all along. Big thank you to Ian for arranging this. I'll certainly be testing it against the Cheapo Interface. Anyone interested in a report?

@JonB
Yes i would be interested in a report for the Lo-tech TRS-80 IDE Adapter.

Thanks

Ray

Hi JonB glad you got it fixed. Yeah the cabling can sometimes bite you in the rear if just a few pins are not making good contact. Had that happen before as well. Have fun with it.

Back